Champions League: Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
A manager change won't make a difference when you have crap on the field. Half the team needs to go.
That roster shouldn't be an excuse when the opponent has Marcal, Marcelo, Cornet and all starting. And their best CB got injured during the game.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think it's unfair to say his time at Chelsea was bad. The squad performed well with him. He churned results. It's just ugly football that's boring as hell.

He also just won a league title. Idk. His football is stupid boring though. Least I'd ever watched as a Chelsea fan.
Hence my "bad to see".

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think it's unfair to say his time at Chelsea was bad. The squad performed well with him. He churned results. It's just ugly football that's boring as hell.

He also just won a league title. Idk. His football is stupid boring though. Least I'd ever watched as a Chelsea fan.
"Bad" might be harsh, but his style is boring and for being possession and passing based is not very attacking, it's a very passive system. Players like Hazard last year were at their best when not following the system but taking individual actions. RLC and Giroud both made the team much better when playing, but Sarri didn't like playing them because they didn't fit the system as neither are suited to a static short pass game. Kovacic looked like ass not being allowed free reign to roam and make progressive movements/passes, which is his best play style.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I never count out Madrid, but this isn't a good Madrid side. They should really be trophyless this season. As much as we need an overhaul, so do they. They have a lot of young talent, but I'm not sure all of those players are Madrid level. Hopefully they continue to make mistakes in the market and nobody bails them out with stupid buys.

I didn't see the match, but sounds like Varane didn't fair so well. Like I've been saying for years, he's got the talent to be the undisputed best CB in the World, but he doesn't have the body of work in terms of performances to back it up. For whatever reason he's too inconsistent.

I don't know what the brackets look like, but looking good for City and/or Bayern.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

They had the fifth most goals scored and didn't even have the best defense. I am reasonably certain this title was a fraud that he will not be capable of repeating.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So just like that, first european start for Maxence Caqueret and he's nicely and easily Player of the Match.

Like I said, this kid is Iniesta-lite. He's so mature, 200 IQ, calm under pressure, awesome positionning and football sense. He's going to have a great career if he makes the good career choices.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Just watched highlights, Jesus Christ both of those goals were brutal from Varane, so out of character for him

And now just watched the Juve-Lyon. Did Bernardeschi catch the heel and that's why it was a penalty? The "handball" call on Depay is abominable. Ronaldo goal was great, what surprises me most about it is that he was sitting that deep in the first place.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
why is lyon 14th? @Evilo
Horrible defense. Garcia tacs were horrible.
Refused to play Caqueret (put Denayer at 6 at St Petersburg rather than play the little magician for instance).
Then a few things happenned right before the Corona break :
- Bruno came in.
- Caqueret got played
- Garcia played a 3-5-2 which helped the defense tremendously. They still struggle to score but have the talent to (Dembele, Depay, Toko-Ekambi).

Also worth noting Depay and Reine-Adelaide were out for the season so the break enabled Lyon to have them back (though they're not the reason for this win).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Just watched highlights, Jesus Christ both of those goals were brutal from Varane, so out of character for him

And now just watched the Juve-Lyon. Did Bernardeschi catch the heel and that's why it was a penalty? The "handball" call on Depay is abominable. Ronaldo goal was great, what surprises me most about it is that he was sitting that deep in the first place.
Yes Bernardeschi clipped Aouar before the tackle, which was clean.
The handball was just awful.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I think he’s asking why you have Lyon at 14th when their placement was actually 7th.

Reactions: Peen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad