GWT: Champions League Round 2 and 3

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think the penalty was probably right, but the second yellow feels super super harsh
If it's a penalty it has to be a yellow.

I just think that deflection considering it was going to go 30 feet into the air instead of towards goal is quite ridiculous.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Well would ya look at that Timo Werner can take and make PKs without needing Jorginho...who would have ever thought that was possible...

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Chelsea getting bloody ridiculous refereeing luck just like against Brighton, West Brom, Krasnodar and Crystal Palace.

Reactions: King Makar19

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Reading the rules about the arms being above the shoulder is understandable as they want to decrease subjectivity but like...

If the deflection means that the ball is not travelling into danger area, that is so harsh.

If he dove in at an angle and had his hands raised and the deflection stopped it from going towards the net or to a danger area, I get it.

It just seems really harsh given circumstance of that being a nothing play.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Make it 3 goals on 3 chances for Dortmund. Unbelievable

Yeah. I thought the scoreline is extremely flattering to Dortmund as well given that they sort of scored on second chances that Brugge should have cleared better, and that Brugge had several of their own decent openings that they flubbed.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Kyiv’s 18 year old keeper is having a game too. Just robbed Messi on a perfect free kick attempt.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Should get Thiago, Kante, Ziyech, Werner all rotated off soon.

Reactions: Blender

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Folks who haven’t watch the Barca game, please do yourself the favour of watching the highlights at least. This 18 year old keeper for Kyiv is putting on a show at Camp Nou. The commentary team called it a once in a decade performance. Big time hyperbole there, and it’s probably more in relation the boys age, but really big day for him for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad