GWT: Champions League Round 2 and 3

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Another clean sheet for Mendy. Good win overall, even if there was some controversy. Rennes certainly played well.

Reactions: King Makar19

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Brugge made too many errors in the first half. Gave Dortmund an easy win with three first half goals. Cruised to victory from there. Their keeper was terrible.

And now we are back in first place with the two hardest away games already played. We really shouldn’t be losing first place in this group at this juncture.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Nothing too surprising with what has happened so far, Maybe except Monchengladbach leading their group and in a good position to progress to the knockout stages.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I was possibly mistaken there are a few Inter fans here. I apologize if it wasn't you. Even as a Juve fan I despised him too when he was managing here. I can't say anything about his playing days because I was too young.

Same as a manager: very limited technical skills but big heart, he was lucky to be in an outstanding team. Known for taunting opposing fans when scoring goals and therefore almost unanimously hated. The fact that the sack of shit is disliked by rube fans says A LOT about him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nothing too surprising with what has happened so far, Maybe except Monchengladbach leading their group and in a good position to progress to the knockout stages.

Is that really a surprise? ;-)

But seriously, the group is looking good for BMG. They are better against teams with talent that would rather play football than destroy it and they have 3 they can play with in this group. One that they look to be clearly more talented than & two whom they may not be as talented as, but who are much sloppier & less cohesive than Rose's boys. Their defensive depth is still a concern and the slump that they seem to hit each winter could undermine everything if it hits early, so we'll see if they can hold on, but so far so good.
Not to be premature, but we are gonna win the treble

When did you become a Bayern fan?

...*sigh*

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Is that really a surprise? ;-)

But seriously, the group is looking good for BMG. They are better against teams with talent that would rather play football than destroy it and they have 3 they can play with in this group. One that they look to be clearly more talented than & two whom they may not be as talented as, but who are much sloppier & less cohesive than Rose's boys. Their defensive depth is still a concern and the slump that they seem to hit each winter could undermine everything if it hits early, so we'll see if they can hold on, but so far so good.

When did you become a Bayern fan?

...*sigh*
Where the heck have you been??? I'm glad to see you're back :nod:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That's also a really weird formation that seems more about stuffing a bunch of attacking players into it and then giving a small nod to defense than actually having a real lineup.

That actual lineup would be suicide because basically any time you didn't have the ball you'd be virtually guaranteed to give up a high quality chance.

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->