GWT: Champions League R16 Second Legs & QF Draw

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hopefully, you are never right about City winning a CL.

Ah they will win it at some point.

The last few years have been as good of chances as they're going to get. This might be the best one and if they don't do it this year they probably won't at all.

That's a bold statement. Considering their infrastructure, money and project they have build something that isn't going to die any time soon. I dont see how you can make that claim with any team considering how big they are.

Good for Barca and for Koeman. He will probably f*** it up though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Some of City's players are aging. And Guardiola won't last forever. CIty will win it at some point, but it's not a travesty to say it's now or never, especially in a year where PSG, Real and Barca are either weak or out.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Some of City's players are aging. And Guardiola won't last forever. CIty will win it at some point, but it's not a travesty to say it's now or never, especially in a year where PSG, Real and Barca are either weak or out.
I just have an issue with saying any X team won’t win X thing. Especially when you consider how big city is now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wanted Madrid, PSG or Porto. Got City. Not that happy with the draw.

Better than facing Bayern. That was the only team I really didn't want to face due to how often we face them and how hard it'd be to beat them.

Man City may be as good or better than Bayern, but it's not like we face them that often. Should be a good challenge us. Sancho facing his former club. Haaland facing the club that half of football fans have already sold him to.

The one big positive with the draw is that we get the second leg as the home team against City, and then also if we advance. I hope we don't have to play in a neutral venue though, which might happen.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I just have an issue with saying any X team won’t win X thing. Especially when you consider how big city is now.

Anyone can beat anyone at this point. We saw it with Porto against Juventus. There are going to be favorites, but there's no team left thats a guarantee to be beat 5-0 before they step on the pitch.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Good thing is it sounds like Liverpool will have to play RM in our new undefeated home of Budapest once again.
I don’t think Liverpool are the favorite, but there are worse draws. You never know with almost 3 weeks to prepare. Liverpool are injured, but they’re clearly better than they have been in the past month or two.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Honestly, to me the RM-Liverpool tie comes down to the state of La Liga in mid-late April. 2/3 of Zizou's UCLs came (IIRC) in years where they'd basically already lost the league and so a good UCL run became the way to save the season. If they're out of the title race, that QF has a lot more gravity to it.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think that's part of it. I also think can the defensive pairing Liverpool is cobbling together hold up enough. Can they avoid any fitness issues between now and the ties, and can they keep playing in Budapest?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00