GWT: Champions League R16 First Legs

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It will not get removed but I also don't see much sense in away goals if both teams play in neutral venues
For sure. The issue is UEFA is asking LFC to move it to accommodate and help Leipzig out.

If I am LFC, I am not agreeing to that unless they waive away goals. Period. But I’m obviously not in charge.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The last leg is the same as the first leg if both venues are neutral. I don’t know why there should be an advantage for away goals if both venues are neutral why should there be?
That's the whole point. One team earned the right to an advantage by winning its group.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Away goals rule shouldn't apply this season. It's so dumb to act like they matter this season when everyone knows they don't.

I think Leipzig and PSG are going through among tomorrow's matches.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I have no idea how people think away goals don't matter.
This is simple understanding.
You're playing away first so the number of goals you score away in that first game changes a lot strategically.
If the away goal rules is gone the home advantage for the seeded team is less important than it should be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Also for free in Univision and Galavision if you are okay with Spanish commentary

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Also for free in Univision and Galavision if you are okay with Spanish commentary

Fios doens't have Galavision in HD (or didn't last season) which made me eventually crack and pay for the app.

I couldn't handle watching matches in SD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad