GWT: Champions League - MW3

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not too long until der Klassiker, maybe we'll get some answers then...

But yeah, the first 3-4 BuLi games they were a mid table team at best, with Kobel getting them the points they probably didn't deserve. Since then they've improved a decent bit, but they still haven't obviously faced a proper top team in the Bundesliga.

Maybe, but I'm expecting that game to be a dud that one of you pulls out of your ass with a late goal, telling us nothing about either team.

• Haha
Reactions: JoVel

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Still think PSG and Newcastle are going through, but happy to get this season's first win over a properly tough opponent for Dortmund.

Reactions: Power Man

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Still think PSG and Newcastle are going through, but happy to get this season's first win over a properly tough opponent for Dortmund.

Is Newcastle typically a lot better than they were tonight? Because you should have no problem scoring on that defense if not :dunno:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Is Newcastle typically a lot better than they were tonight? Because you should have no problem scoring on that defense if not :dunno:
It is their first time in the Champions League in a long time to be fair, so could take them a while to get to the level they can be at in the EPL. But then again they did put PSG in their back pockets. We'll see.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It is their first time in the Champions League in a long time to be fair, so could take them a while to get to the level they can be at in the EPL. But then again they did put PSG in their back pockets. We'll see.

Plus it was raining like crazy in that game. Which is why I ask.

I remember Joelington, Schar, and Isak's BuLi days, but I haven't seen much of them since, and I watched some of Milan for Thiaw last season...but others like Gordon & the other English players, I've seen almost nothing of before today.

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Milan started slightly better but Mbappe is a cheat code. Great play by Zaire Emery who is already outmuscling his opponents in midfield (at 17!) to get an assist on the Mbappe goal. 1-0 PSG

Watching that goal, that was my feeling too - what were they supposed to do there? Mbappe just threaded that needle like it was nothing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad