GWT: Champions League - MW3

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm starting to like Galatasaray... their magical playoff run was exciting... and now even their group matches. (it's 1-1 now so I don't know if they win or lose, but they are a fun watch. they score goals).

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm starting to like Galatasaray... their magical playoff run was exciting... and now even their group matches. (it's 1-1 now so I don't know if they win or lose, but they are a fun watch. they score goals).
Couple bounces go better for them and they're top of the group right now.

Reactions: LOGiK

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm hoping for a miracle but Newcastle probably ends any hopes of Dortmund going through the group stage tonight.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Didn't look like offside to me, nice shot by Ferran.

Fermin then scores Baca's 2nd.

Feyenoord had their first effort disallowed for offside, but now Gimenez's goal gives them the lead.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Pretty strong lineup from BVB given Brandt's unavailable. I might've opted for Adeyemi or Moukoki instead of Reus, but picking the vet is understandable given Karim's & Mouki are still getting into form after a banged up summer.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Pretty strong lineup from BVB given Brandt's unavailable. I might've opted for Adeyemi or Moukoki instead of Reus, but picking the vet is understandable given Karim's & Mouki are still getting into form after a banged up summer.
Depth at fullbacks has already been an issue, and now they're really vulnerable with Ryerson out. Bensebaini better keep his head cool...

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Thiaw has problems either with agility or acceleration, he's a good defender and fast once he catches a head of steam, but he just got a yellow card for the same play he had gotten a red against Juventus. At this point he should just let the attackers fly by him and try and catch up. Krunic also got a (easy) yellow card, bad news for a Milan that's surprisingly good so far.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No card for simulation?

I guess Almiron did kick his foot out enough to touch Schlotterbeck as he was falling, but I still feel like BuLi refs would've given a card there :-/

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
No card for simulation?
I'm guessing the ref didn't give a card for simulation because there was contact. The contact was just initiated by Almiron leaving his leg dangling out to try to engineer a pen.

I'd definitely like to see those given cards. Basically any time a player goes down that dramatically, it should either be a pen or a yellow.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm guessing the ref didn't give a card for simulation because there was contact. The contact was just initiated by Almiron leaving his leg dangling out to try to engineer a pen.

I'd definitely like to see those given cards. Basically any time a player goes down that dramatically, it should either be a pen or a yellow.

Yeah, I missed the "contact" before seeing a replay. Still feel like a card could easily have been handed out there and in the BuLi I would've been expecting one.

Almiron is killing Bensebaini lol

ah ok

Bense needs to get his head out of his ass lol

Reactions: Power Man

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wonder if it'll ever not be weird to me that Joelington ended up a success for Newcastle? That was such a dumb buy at the time.

Bruno G's really good though, and it's nice to see Schär still kicking.

I think Bens is a bit too hyped right now tbh
Whatever it is, he needs to get his head into the match. He's almost been as sloppy as Can's passing so far...

Reactions: Power Man

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Milan started slightly better but Mbappe is a cheat code. Great play by Zaire Emery who is already outmuscling his opponents in midfield (at 17!) to get an assist on the Mbappe goal. 1-0 PSG

Reactions: maclean and gary69

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4