GWT: Champions League - MW3

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Schlotterbeck has been fantastic today. If the NT could get this Nico, our defense would look really differently...and right as I was about to say BVB could regret not coming out of that first 30min with a goal or two :laugh:

Reactions: Power Man

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Im not worried at all, we have been the better team the last 30 min, we control the game but we were just unlucky at the counter attack

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Milan started slightly better but Mbappe is a cheat code. Great play by Zaire Emery who is already outmuscling his opponents in midfield (at 17!) to get an assist on the Mbappe goal. 1-0 PSG

It's so annoying that they've got kids like WZE, Tel, and Doue given how good they already are.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I know the rain must be crazy, but BorussiaInc. should be disappointed to have scored just 1. After carrying the play for the first 25-30 minutes...in which they could scored 2 goals in the first 10...they could've popped off for 2 more in those last 5 minutes before the half.

Newcastle will need to be a lot better in the final third to capitalize, or for Nico & Mats to switch off, but BVB gave them that chance with their wastefulness. Shame Brandt got hurt, their attacking play has been a lot sloppier without him this season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG dominated the first 5 minutes and then it was mostly Milan counter pressing with extreme efficiency not that efficient attacking though but Milan was the better team.
But then WZE broke a press, passed to Mbappe who scored.
PSG with some needed adjustments though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh look Gordon flop led to a goal at the other end

Almirón has definitely been playing for the ref, but I wouldn't say the same of Gordon. He just doesn't seem to be very skilled and so has to throw his body around to compensate. Feels like he could play for Union.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I know the rain must be crazy, but BorussiaInc. should be disappointed to have scored just 1. After carrying the play for the first 25-30 minutes...in which they could scored 2 goals in the first 10...they could've popped off for 2 more in those last 5 minutes before the half.
Between this half and last game against Bremen, Malen has had so many changes but just can't put it in at the moment. Füllkrug's also been pretty poor.

Happy for Nmecha to get that goal though. Should boost his confidence more as he's been getting better after a pretty shocking start to the season.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Dembele can't catch a break, can't remember the last time he scored. Giroud looks like his night is over. PSG is going to kill Milan though, the drop off in central defense from Thiaw to Kalulu is too big.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Between this half and last game against Bremen, Malen has had so many changes but just can't put it in at the moment. Füllkrug's also been pretty poor.

Happy for Nmecha to get that goal though. Should boost his confidence more as he's been getting better after a pretty shocking start to the season.

I don't know if it's one of those "champions get results even when they don't play well" situations or just an unsustainable run since Brandt, Malen, Hummels, and Köbel have been the only dortmunders having really strong seasons.

I can totally see the bottom falling out...or their kids just building in confidence as the season goes along to eventually start playing as well as the results have been because there sure is a lot of young talent on that roster that could level up at any moment.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't know if it's one of those "champions get results even when they don't play well" situations or just an unsustainable run since Brandt, Malen, Hummels, and Köbel have been the only dortmunders having really strong seasons.

I can totally see the bottom falling out...or their kids just building in confidence as the season goes along to eventually start playing as well as the results have been.
Not too long until der Klassiker, maybe we'll get some answers then...

But yeah, the first 3-4 BuLi games they were a mid table team at best, with Kobel getting them the points they probably didn't deserve. Since then they've improved a decent bit, but they still haven't obviously faced a proper top team in the Bundesliga.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I wasn't sure if they'd trust Reyna in a game like this. Decently strong showing against Bremen, let's see what he can do.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Lol I got scared by that Newcastle players' reaction. Not even close to a handball.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Borrusia Corp would've deserved it if Newcastle had lucked into a goal there at the end with how wasteful they were in the first half and how much deeper they played in the second.

Ultimately though, there just wasn't enough quality in the final third for the Saudi-funded club to threaten BVB with anything other than deflections.

Bruno G lived up to the hype, but not sure anyone else for them had a particularly good game.

Reactions: Lambo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad