GWT: Champions League - MW2

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Bynoe-Gittens has a lot of raw talent, he just needs to figure out how to use it.

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
Get in United!!! What a statement win. Magnificent all over the park.

Was not overly confident going into the game with all our injuries and how we play with such intensity.

We out ran them, out fought them and out thought them. Eddie’s relentless Mags.

Only downside was not being at SJP tonight. Gutted to miss it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
#8 PL team stomping French’ perennial number one team :sarcasm:
What you're looking for is 5th. PSG is 5th in L1 standings.

Nice deserved win for Newcastle, despite the reffing lols, but clearly Enrique made a huge mistake and got stubborn with it.
PSG was under-staffed in midfield and all his subs didn't fix this.
Starting 4 forwards put pressure on the midfielders as well as the defensemen who had trouble finding passing targets in midfield to build from behind.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I guess Newcastle United is the Louis Vuitton of Europe. After all that banter by Evilo yesterday and his only French footballing hope giants PSG lost to a scrub EPL overrated club.

Lens had plenty of great chances either.
They went just wide.

French created brand owned by a Frenchman but you managed to say it's not French. Ok

Except here it's the handball that sent the ball to his teammate. It's obviously not a goal lol.
I'm saying that Louis Vuitton is a global brand now with their own entities. Now it's not just French, LV of Singapore made their own travelling case that held the world cup of rugby trophy that's being played in France.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I guess Newcastle United is the Louis Vuitton of Europe. After all that banter by Evilo yesterday and his only French footballing hope giants PSG lost to a scrub EPL overrated club.

I'm saying that Louis Vuitton is a global brand now with their own entities. Now it's not just French, LV of Singapore made their own travelling case that held the world cup of rugby trophy that's being played in France.
EPL's 8th (and second offense) beat L1's 5th team man. Sorry, but you're still way behind, and your banter will fall way short :)

And Singapore's Louis Vuitton brand money is going straight to french pockets.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
A handball in the buildup has to be a deliberate handball. Accidental handballs that eventually lead to a goal no longer negate the goal.

No way Sevilla's Pedrosa's slight touch with his hand (which was glued to his stomach no less) after the ball was shot at him in midsection from one metre out was a deliberate handball in the buildup. Thus his goal against PSV should have stood.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
No way Sevilla's Pedrosa's slight touch with his hand (which was glued to his stomach no less) after the ball was shot at him in midsection from one metre out was a deliberate handball in the buildup. Thus his goal against PSV should have stood.
I didn’t see it so can’t comment.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Also quoting @les Habs in here as well. I personally do not like billboard clothing brands, but you lot really struggling to know that Bernard Arnault is the CEO of Louis Vuitton and is the second wealthiest person in the world due strictly to Louis Vuitton and fashion.

Yeah, and Arnault has two sons, one of who runs LV watches and the other runs another watch company if I’m not mistaken. And if he’s the second wealthiest person in the World It’s down to LVMH as a whole, not just LV. Either way, what’s your point? I still think LV bags are boring and I’d go Hermes before I went LV.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, and Arnault has two sons, one of who runs LV watches and the other runs another watch company if I’m not mistaken. And if he’s the second wealthiest person in the World It’s down to LVMH as a whole, not just LV. Either way, what’s your point? I still think LV bags are boring and I’d go Hermes before I went LV.
Cartier watches and Hermes, I really like your taste. Throw some Givenchy in there as well and we got close to the holy trinity of fashion. Just replace Cartier with Bvlgari watches which I think make superior, actually affordable, and very underrated watches.

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Cartier watches and Hermes, I really like your taste. Throw some Givenchy in there as well and we got close to the holy trinity of fashion. Just replace Cartier with Bvlgari watches which I think make superior, actually affordable, and very underrated watches.

No way would I replace Cartier with Bvlgari. Cartier’s got them beat comfortably considering their current catalog and Cartier keep getting better every year. They’re having a real renaissance right now.. That said Bvlgari have been doing quite well with the Octo Finissimo and were probably too underrated for some time. I prefer Rolex to everybody else though, but Cartier is probably second (along with Lange).

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
More the top of his bicep but based on rules at least my understanding of them it’s not a hand ball.

Nope. Blatant hadball.

The ONLY thing that may save him if it happened outside the box and then VAR can't intervene, not even if he would otherwise be red-carded for it.

Overall, between these two incidents in the game and the other game, I can count a number of games directly influenced by wrong calls this CL round:

- Porto v Barca - 2 penalties for Porto (1 debatable as it may have been handball outside the box)
- Napoli v RM - ridiculous call on the Napoli penalty (from the world's best ref IMO, which makes is even worse)
- Atleti v Feyenoord - first Morata goal should never have been allowed, mindboggling decision
- Salzburg v Real Sociedad - AT LEAST debatable, but IMO Le Normand could've (and should've) been sent off for a professional last man foul in the 15 min and Sociedad should've been down to 10 men (he only got a yellow)

Part of it is down to the refs, but the part is some rules that have been changed and changed again, and mostly for the worse, and mostly not in the spirit of the game.
The amount of games these days decided by some accidental hanball when the ball is nowhere near a dangerous position to be a threat... It's actually disheartening and game-ruining.

Shocking. How many of these refs do not understand football, it's actually shocking.
I can tell you from personal experience, I know 3 guys who reffed (1 ref 1st division Croatian League, 1 ref youth football and 1 linesman who reffed 1st division AND EURO/CL games) - 2/3 basically never played football and know it from rulebooks and TV,

The linesman who got to take part in CL games and ref games with Cristiano Ronaldo etc... Is the most clueless of them all.
(not many Croatian refs got to ref Man Utd at Old Trafford, yet he did... and is clueless... he'll cite some rulebook stuff, but he does not actually understand the game, I swear).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad