Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Turned the match on right for Reece’s goal 😎

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Especially since he did foul him.

His career will never be the same if he has two freaky injuries in back to back years...
Yep.

Unfortunate for him. Have to hope it is very minor.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That Benfica/PSG game was really exciting. Both teams really going at it. In the first half, Benfica had the best chances even though at some point PSG had the ball for a good 10 minutes where Benfica couldn't get out of their last 30 meters. Donnarumma was absolutely huge on a few saves.
Second half was all PSG and they had tons of chances, but the Benfica greek goalie was incredible as well. Donnarumma came up big on one counter attack as well. But the greek goalie simply stole the game there.

Vitinha, Verratti, Messi, Danilo (despite his OG), Donnarumma and Mendes were amazing. That midfield of Vitinha/Messi/Verratti is simply football orgasm for football lovers.
However, Neymar was up and down and Mbappe sucked again, like he has since the beginning of the season for the most part. They didn't use Hakimi all that well except for a couple of times.
PSG has to use their FB better against a regrouped team. And finish their chances.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Donnaruma was a game saver in the first half, stopped 3 1 v 1's. Ody was great in the second for Benfica. Game of two halves.

While Benfica had legs they were fantastic, but it's impossible to maintain that press and quick fluid passing/movement and PSG's quality eventually shown through. Antonio Silva with another strong performance, great midfield play by Florentino/Enzo, and Rafa was dangerous all night yet will never acquire the finish he needs to be a true star at this stage in his career.

Hopefully Mendes' injury isn't too serious, vital for Portugal at the World Cup.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sevilla was the worst team we’ve played so far this season.

May have been a one off for them, but I didn’t think it’s possible a team of that caliber could play so bad.

We would’ve lost by 2-3 goals today against a good team and we ending up winning by 3 goals on the road.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Sevilla was the worst team we’ve played so far this season.

May have been a one off for them, but I didn’t think it’s possible a team of that caliber could play so bad.

We would’ve lost by 2-3 goals today against a good team and we ending up winning by 3 goals on the road.

Sevilla has been a disaster the whole season so far

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Hopefully Mahrez' 1st goal of the season, even if it's a penalty, gets him going

I'm surprised he passed the ball on that Alvarez goal, he can be greedy in those situations sometimes

Sitll has the best 1st touch in football, and if you disagree with me then L+ratio+I'm muting this conversation (yes I sound like a Twitter troll)

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
The front 3 defended, especially Neymar, who's often judged unfairly on his defensive efforts.
Also PSG would have probably scored 5 goals if not for unreal goalie saves, which made them push forward more than normal and exposed to counters.
Even last season I thought Neymar’s defensive efforts were there but nobody talks about it

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Even last season I thought Neymar’s defensive efforts were there but nobody talks about it
Actually they do. They find a still or a short clip where he doesn't come back and point at him.
Messi didn't run much last year and Mbappe rarely helps defensively (only sometimes).
This year, Messi has been making efforts and Ney continues to. Mbappe is still very much soso.
Mbappe has been very underwhelming so far. Not worried though, he took the team on his back last season when the other 2 didn't produce like they should have. He was injured during the preparation too. When he comes back to form, a game like yesterday would have been closed in the first half with clinical finishing.
Not downplaying Benfica because it's an exciting quality team, well coached and talented.
But clearly, at some points PSG was toying with them (like the 10 minutes in the first half), but couldn't finish their plays.
So yeah, Benfica could have finished their chances, and better finishers would have helped them, but the fact it was tied explains also most of their counter chances.
PSG was pushing hard and completely dominated Benfica in the second half where they should have scored 3 to 4 more.
That save on Mbappe was insane.

Reactions: Power Man

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think this is the year the baby blue win the champions league.
It's just too much.
**I'd worry about injuries but Haaland has a two month break for the WC. Still playing friendlies and others can get injured.... so outside of a major player or two going out with injuries.... they should win.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Mouki & Adeyemi were a lot of fun to watch yesterday. They seem to have good chemistry already, and keeping a handle on two forwards who are that quick & talented will be a headache for any side.

Now we just need them to go to a club where they won't be hurt all of the time...

It's just too much.
**I'd worry about injuries but Haaland has a two month break for the WC. Still playing friendlies and others can get injured.... so outside of a major player or two going out with injuries.... they should win.

Maybe if Haaland gets hurt early this year; so that he can get back for the later stages of the knockouts. But the longer he goes without missing a month or two, the more likely it becomes that he'll be hurt when they need him most.

Reactions: LOGiK

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It's just too much.
We say every year that PSG or City will finally win and they never do. One year, it will be true, I guess.

Reactions: LOGiK

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He has a month off for the WC.

Which will hopefully help...but it's hard to know how much his injuries have come from wear & tear building up; vs the force that his joints have to endure because of how much mass he's moving and how suddenly he moves it; vs him learning to take care of his body the right way.

I sincerely hope it helps, would be nice for Pep to win another CL before Union crashes the party, and I'd love for Erling to stay healthy enough to do the Messi-CR7 thing with Mbappe now that people are realizing that he is in that same super-human tier...but it's hard not to expect him to break down again.

Human bodies just aren't supposed to do what Haaland's does.
We say every year that PSG or City will finally win and they never do. One year, it will be true, I guess.

TBF we've also said every year that Citeh needed a striker to win the CL and now they've got the best one on the planet...when healthy...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Which will hopefully help...but it's hard to know how much his injuries have come from wear & tear building up; vs the force that his joints have to endure because of how much mass he's moving and how suddenly he moves it; vs him learning to take care of his body the right way.

I sincerely hope it helps, would be nice for Pep to win another CL before Union crashes the party, and I'd love for Erling to stay healthy enough to do the Messi-CR7 thing with Mbappe now that people are realizing that he is in that same super-human tier...but it's hard not to expect him to break down again.

Human bodies just aren't supposed to do what Haaland's does.

TBF we've also said every year that Citeh needed a striker to win the CL and now they've got the best one on the planet...when healthy...
City needing a striker is not why they haven’t won a CL yet. It makes them the favorites this year, but they’ve been favorites multiple times before. City haven’t gone out in recent years because they’ve been a striker away. They’ve gone out because Pep has made bizarre lineup decisions which have cost them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad