Champions League last 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Game's not over yet. A 2-2 tie tonight would change the whole dynamic.

I agree because I think PSG is soft and susceptible to bottling it, but does anyone see United scoring 3 goals in the next 120 minutes? They are being outplayed at home by PSG missing half their team.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
PSG would have gone through regardless, but those subs gifted it to PSG. At least with Rashford and Lukaku they might have feared a random counter attack. Now there is no way for Utd to create anything.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Offensive is not the same as racist.

Secondly, it is a common expression in the UK. Nothing malicious about it.
To be honest, I've seen it used about Lukaku about 10 times on this board (and nobody else).
First time I looked twice because I thought I had read monkey. I said nothing at the time.
I don't know how donkey is used in the english language, but here it means completely stupid.

All in all, poor taste IMO. And above all useless.

Reactions: maclean

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I agree because I think PSG is soft and susceptible to bottling it, but does anyone see United scoring 3 goals in the next 120 minutes? They are being outplayed at home by PSG missing half their team.
Sure, but they weren't out played in the first half.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
That says more about the UK, quite frankly.

This is completely off topic, but how could you say when you don’t even know what it means?

I believe it is already explained, but it is a way to describe someone’s technical ability. Or lack of. Mainly.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Comparing people to animals is offensive over here, period.

In England, 'donkey' is a mockery term that has historically been used to imply a player lacks skill irrespective of race.

Until his upsurge in form around the mid-90s, everywhere Tony Adams played he was was beset with 'donkey' chants. Unless memory serves, the satirical TV programme Spitting Image gave their puppet Adams donkey's ears. (Maybe even a bray).

This article recalls just how much indignity Adams endured. Adams: I used donkey jibes to inspire me

Reactions: Havre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad