GWT: Champions League Group Stages 22/23 - Matchweek 2

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He is far better defensively than TAA and his physical attributes are better as well. I think he is well rated unless you talk to some Canadians.

Well if you talk to some Canadians he’s basically marcelo 2.0
Wonder how Barca rates him.
Not sure who you are referring to but it’s clearly a troll. Which is bizarre given that it’s hardly warranted but do as you wish

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The only like, I'm not sure I'd say alarming part but kinda alarming part is that Liverpool should have won 5-2. Instead they're playing to the last minute. Really good performance overall though.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Poor performance. But their whole team was awful. Credit to Brugge though.
I switched over to Barca v Bayern at the half. Brugge pressed well, Port just could not get any rhythm in the build-up, or string any number of passes together.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tudor probably thought he could breat Frankfurt with players he thinks are not good enough for L1. That's not going to cut it in the CL.
This is a really really bad loss. Sporting is tough to beat, and Spurs have already won the first game. Beating Frakfurt at home was mandatory, but they played like shit on both sides. Should have finished better, but also lucky to concede once only.
Balerdi was so bad last weekend that he was subed after 25 minutes. To appease him, Tudor told him he'd start this game.
This is unacceptable. You don't start a player in the CL because you punished him last weekend. He sucked in L1, he's going to suck in the CL (and boy did he suck tonight).
That's really bad management.

Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
My boy Bajcetic getting games. Boy will be a really big player for us one of these days.
He’s their blue chipper right now for sure. Right team won today but still many issues. 3 points to paper over the cracks. Will see how they look after Int’l break

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Tudor probably thought he could breat Frankfurt with players he thinks are not good enough for L1. That's not going to cut it in the CL.
This is a really really bad loss. Sporting is tough to beat, and Spurs have already won the first game. Beating Frakfurt at home was mandatory, but they played like shit on both sides. Should have finished better, but also lucky to concede once only.
Balerdi was so bad last weekend that he was subed after 25 minutes. To appease him, Tudor told him he'd start this game.
This is unacceptable. You don't start a player in the CL because you punished him last weekend. He sucked in L1, he's going to suck in the CL (and boy did he suck tonight).
That's really bad management.
Think campos is leaving?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He’s their blue chipper right now for sure. Right team won today but still many issues. 3 points to paper over the cracks. Will see how they look after Int’l break
Tbh I think the main issue is resolved now (energy issue). The second issue still needs fixed though. The right central midfielder has to track back more, and right now that’s Elliott. He has to do better marking runners. But you know besides that I can still see things going really well this season.

Reactions: luiginb

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
How much better or worse would Atletico Madrid be with a more offensive minded manager?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Pretty comfortable saying nobody would get better results than him so answer would be worse.
They have some good attacking talent now, it’d be interesting to see how they would do in a more attacking system.

I feel like Llorente is being underutilized there.

Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I’ll have to catch the match later, assuming I can stay awake after the week so far, but it sounds like we created plenty of chances. Of course I’m not a fan of some of Xavi’s selection choices yet again, but he’ll learn one way or the other.

FFS, the commentary on the monarchy. I shouldn’t be surprised, but it’s as if today’s date is September 13th, 1946 as opposed to 2022.
How much better or worse would Atletico Madrid be with a more offensive minded manager?

Pretty comfortable saying nobody would get better results than him so answer would be worse.

I’d say it’d depend on the manager. The catch is probably the managers they could realistically land who’d play offensively probably aren’t good enough. Still, the definition of insanity remains the same and Simeone will only take them as far as they are.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Tbh I think the main issue is resolved now (energy issue). The second issue still needs fixed though. The right central midfielder has to track back more, and right now that’s Elliott. He has to do better marking runners. But you know besides that I can still see things going really well this season.
That RCM position is going to be a major issue. Elliott can’t play that. We are going to have to go double pivot or we are going to need Keita to beg for forgiveness.

I don't, but that may be because I hope he continues to manage french teams for the next 20 years.
I wouldn’t leave Paris for anywhere in England. Geographically speaking at the minimum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad