GWT: Champions League Group Stages 22/23 - Matchweek 2

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
City are scary this year, they find ways to win even when their game's not working properly. Has de Bruyne ever played a worse match? He got an assist out of it too haha. Nice of Dortmund to use that random passerby in net though. I wonder who the next Dortmund coach is going to be.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Cucurella is really positionally undisciplined and a bit of a dumb hothead. He did it more than once after they already had the lead and I was annoyed and on that Salzburg goal, he did the hockey equivalent of making a pinch and leaving his other defender caught out forcing Thiago to make a desperate tackle and missing.

Reactions: Peen

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
broja has been playing better than aubameyang and havertz

Broja certainly deserves a chance to start over Haverz, he caused much more trouble during his sub performance than Havertz did until he was taken off.

Jota was electric for Celtic today wow. Some of the runs he had were ridiculous.

Should have scored at least that one when he cut free in front of the keeper but managed only a weak shot straight at him.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
First touch from Havertz is off in the attacking third, it's really bad.

I'm faithful Potter is a good judge of talent or he wouldn't have done well in the lower leagues. Hopefully he doesn't keep playing players in weak positions unless out of injury necessity and hopefully he benches Havertz if he doesn't see the performances and even the same with Auba.

Really feel like being able to Ctrl + Z the Abraham sale would be a good move now.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Jota was electric for Celtic today wow. Some of the runs he had were ridiculous.
Fantastic that he's finally living up to potential, he was the star of that Portugal youth team that won back to back u17 and u19 euros, then lost to Germany in the u21 final. A team including Vitinha, Fabio Vieira, Leao, Trincao, Florentino, etc.

Just needs to maintain a sharp cutting edge for end product.

Benfica dominated Juventus, should have been 3/4-1. It's going to be difficult because PSG have so much quality even on an off day, but even a single point in those two matches would be huge with Juventus needing to come to Estadio De Luz, then playing Haifa away on the last matchday.

Florentino, Enzo Fernandez, Antonio Silva (18 years old!) were immense.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Cucurella is really positionally undisciplined and a bit of a dumb hothead. He did it more than once after they already had the lead and I was annoyed and on that Salzburg goal, he did the hockey equivalent of making a pinch and leaving his other defender caught out forcing Thiago to make a desperate tackle and missing.

Cucurella's best position is left midfield in a 4-4-2. Unfortunately for him nobody play that anymore. But yeah, no way he should be starting over Chillwell.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Fantastic that he's finally living up to potential, he was the star of that Portugal youth team that won back to back u17 and u19 euros, then lost to Germany in the u21 final. A team including Vitinha, Fabio Vieira, Leao, Trincao, Florentino, etc.

Just needs to maintain a sharp cutting edge for end product.

Benfica dominated Juventus, should have been 3/4-1. It's going to be difficult because PSG have so much quality even on an off day, but even a single point in those two matches would be huge with Juventus needing to come to Estadio De Luz, then playing Haifa away on the last matchday.

Florentino, Enzo Fernandez, Antonio Silva (18 years old!) were immense.
Benfica has the potential to beat anyone, including PSG.

Reactions: Power Man

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
From the outside of right foot of Cancelo to the outside of the left foot of acrobatic Haaland. GOTY of the year candidate a month in.
Yep... everyone in the place was trying to understand that he swung his inside foot against the curve and speed of the ball.... not to even mention he was at least 3-4 feet in the air (with one leg at 6 feet +)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
City are scary this year, they find ways to win even when their game's not working properly. Has de Bruyne ever played a worse match? He got an assist out of it too haha. Nice of Dortmund to use that random passerby in net though. I wonder who the next Dortmund coach is going to be.

It’s what happens when you try to save money on a back up goalie. I’m counting down the days until Kobel is back. I don’t care that much about this game because Sevilla lost points against Copenhagen, which is a net win in my book for Dortmund. I wouldn’t expect anything out of a game at City.

Everyone is marveling at that Haaland goal, but Kobel saves both goals and Dortmund wins 2-1, if he wasn’t injured, so the result is what happened, but City completely got away with it.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad