GWT: Champions League Final: Real Madrid/Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Good job by his teammates not to tell him to watch his back.

On another note, Dybala poor today, Higuain pathetic as per usual in big matches.

You're taught to look over your own shoulder to check for pressure. Don't rely on teammates.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I wouldn't say they're out of control, let's be fair here - they're a loaded gun on the counter attack, and with Ronnie being so good at poaching all they need are those breaks.

They were dominating right before their 2nd goal

It's a general trend, guys. They certainly win way more matches, and in more decisive fashion, than you would expect just from watching their game control.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Juve's gotta wake the f up here, take back possession, play with the ball. Plenty of time left.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He's second guessing himself like I've never seen before. He's thinking way too much instead of just reacting based on instinct. Pressure is getting to him.

I don't get this? Which goal is on him? The second? The one where the ball was going straight into his arms before it got deflected by Khedira and just snuck in by the post? There's not a goalie in the world that saves that.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Juve were dominating, but it was all through one player (Alex Sandro). As soon as Modric goes to play an extreme right central midfield position, that was the end of that.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't get this? Which goal is on him? The second? The one where the ball was going straight into his arms before it got deflected by Khedira and just snuck in by the post? There's not a goalie in the world that saves that.
How about when RM attacks before the second goal and someone puts in a cross from the left side while Buffon stands there and watches the ball flash right across his face into a danger area.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Cristiano Ronaldo is a goat. His goal per game in CL quarter-finals has been ridiculous.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
It's a general trend, guys. They certainly win way more matches, and in more decisive fashion, than you would expect just from watching their game control.
They play a rather direct kind of football, so if you're expecting possession and (occasionally) toothless Pep Guardiola style football you're not going to get it.

I'm not a supporter of Madrid whatsoever but I have immense respect for how they play and how they're built. I've rooted against them in every final because I preferred their opponents at each turn but we gotta credit them.

Juve's falling apart right now, if Madrid were behind by 2 they'd be playing some tremendous football.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dybala has been their worst player... Maybe aside from Buffon. Pipita hasn't been that bad, he's a 9 that didn't get any through balls. He set up their only goal. Can't blame him for this.

void

Jan 5, 2006

It's taking him ages to react to shots. I'm not blaming him for the 3 goals btw.. I'm just saying that he's been very hesitant.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Ronaldo "the modern day di Stefano." :biglaugh:

Talent will do that.

This much talent should also help you control matches though.

They play a rather direct kind of football, so if you're expecting possession and (occasionally) toothless Pep Guardiola style football you're not going to get it.

That's not what I expect. There are many ways to control a match.

That's what midfielders do at least.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
To be honest, I ****ing hate Casemiro. Can't believe that baby-faced ***** is going to have his THIRD CL trophy.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That's not what I expect. There are many ways to control a match.

Every time they move up the field they are a legitimate threat to score. They are leading 3-1 with 55% possession right now. Not every team needs to have 70% possession and pass the ball around the midfield trying to craft perfect chances all game to be in control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad