GWT: Champions League Final: Real Madrid/Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
On the full view, I'm not sure Cuadrado even touches him. Of course that didn't decide the game though.

Zidane moving Modric to right midfield did that. Completely changed the game.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Really disappointment with Juve's effort today. Most of their top players didn't even show up.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Really disappointment with Juve's effort today. Most of their top players didn't even show up.

They don't have the midfielder that RM has. Was really as simple as that. Pjanic had some good involvements early in the game with long shots, but otherwise they were nowhere near good enough in midfield. Modric ran circles around them.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
3 CLs in 4 years, 2 in a row. Zidane with 2 CLs and 1 La Liga title in 18 months on the job.
He has the most incredibly arranged roster. Every piece is amongst the world's best at their position. From the world-class full-backs to the perfectly weighted midfield trio, to Ronaldo - you have players like James, Isco, Benzema and even occasionally Bale as afterthoughts. Then there's Asensio... Unbelievably skilled team. No wonder they play the way they do, they don't need many opportunities to score, and they give possession up (sometimes) and still don't face many shots or chances against. They're incredibly fit too, rarely slowing down in the closing stages. Contrast with Juve today, for instance.

I dunno which Clasico dynasty I'd rate higher. I spent the late 2000s absolutely hating Barcelona and Spain's dominance but in hindsight I wish I enjoyed it more, like I'm enjoying Madrid's dominance.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Ronaldo with another (!) Ballon D'or on the way. Undisputed best player in the game and making his case to be the greatest ever.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
As for Juve today - I think Khedira and Dybala were poor. Buffon too. None of the subs did anything at all either.

Higuain wasn't that bad, Mandzukic was great, the defenders all fine. It was the midfield that let them down in the second half and then they capitulated. They're not as good as we hoped they'd be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad