GWT: Champions League Final | June 10, 2023 | Istanbul | Manchester City-Inter Milan

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
City have fantastic players and a great manager. They play great football. I admire it, even reluctantly enjoy watching it sometimes.

But none of that matters when you essentially commit fraud to accomplish that, spending 1.5 billion on the way.

Reactions: KJS14

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Not really. It depends what you like.
I prefer low scoring games 1-0 than 5-0 or 6-1 results.
I'm not looking for goalfests, there are entertaining low-scoring games and then there are matches like this one mostly was. I find a lot more "marquee" matchups trend toward the latter more than the former.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Their all lucky goals or something..

Anyway what a year I’ve had in this sport. Can’t complain too much. Pep finally getting justice, is the cherry on top. Hope he soaks it in no one deserves it more than him on city.
"Pep getting justice".

WTF? Guy had unlimited funds, it was about time he finally win it with City :laugh:

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I expected a much worse outcome, I wonder now if this is even worse. Blocked a vastly superior team for a half, then had crazy chances that were missed in an inconceivable way (story of our season btw...)
Just to note, City subs were Foden and Walker, Inter put on the field the likes of Bellanova and D'Ambrosio (!!!)...
As for the final, it was basically a snoozer, Lukaku missed the impossible but Dzeko didn't do anything either...
Oil Money CAN buy dreams.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I have not been impressed by both teams but this is quite standard for most finals. The most opportunistic and clinical team win most of the time.

Chelsea were first though.
Yep. Last years final was a snore-fest also.

Wonder how Cancelo feels about all this...

Reactions: Power Man

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
That is so true. Thank god I didn't put money on Inter. I already lost money when Juve lost in the finals. I should know better than to bet on an Italian team in the finals.
The U20 Italian squad has a much more likely chance of winning tomorrow.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Great manager indeed, but he won 2 Champions with possibly the best team ever assembled and this one with an ATM machine at his disposal.
In today's final I hardly saw any "Pep's magic"...

This is what I’m talking about. He had zero experience in the top level, dumped guys like Ronaldinho and Deco and got the best out of guys like Xavi, Busquets, etc, etc and went on to break records. And Barca were pretty shit poor when he took over.

As for today’s final, me either but then I had theater and dinner plans. That said, the track record speaks for itself. ATM machine or not, other teams have had top teams and haven’t done as much.

By all means though, go ahead and keep dumping on him. You’ll look as smart as the rest who do it.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
This is what I’m talking about. He had zero experience in the top level, dumped guys like Ronaldinho and Deco and got the best out of guys like Xavi, Busquets, etc, etc and went on to break records. And Barca were pretty shit poor when he took over.

As for today’s final, me either but then I had theater and dinner plans. That said, the track record speaks for itself. ATM machine or not, other teams have had top teams and haven’t done as much.

By all means though, go ahead and keep dumping on him. You’ll look as smart as the rest who do it.
Dumping on him?!?
I mean, taking the best out of Xavi, Busquets, Eto'o, Iniesta, MESSI... Yup, takes some incredible magic indeed.
In fact it's not like Spain won nothing in that era...

He IS one of the best managers ever, but I call hardly Pep "not getting the credit he deserves" when he won in the past with the best team ever (and that same team continued to win even after Pep's departure, how surprising...), then this time after quite few tries, against a vastly inferior team (made up of free signings or loans because we're broke) with a billion euros team.
If anything PSG is a joke but I'm pretty sure they will get their Champions soon, Mbappe too good not to get one.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Dumping on him?!?
I mean, taking the best out of Xavi, Busquets, Eto'o, Iniesta, MESSI... Yup, takes some incredible magic indeed.
In fact it's not like Spain won nothing in that era...

He IS one of the best managers ever, but I call hardly Pep "not getting the credit he deserves" when he won in the past with the best team ever (and that same team continued to win even after Pep's departure, how surprising...), then this time after quite few tries, against a vastly inferior team (made up of free signings or loans because we're broke) with a billion euros team.
If anything PSG is a joke but I'm pretty sure they will get their Champions soon, Mbappe too good not to get one.

Yeah, and Xavi‘s career had gone nowhere prior to Guardiola apart from the Euro the Summer Guardiola took over. He was even potentially going to leave the club. Busquets was never hyped like other young players either. And if he inherited so much, how come the club was in such a bad spot before his appointment? Furthermore, to win 6 trophies like they did was incredible. It’s one thing to have the talented players, it’s another to put it all together.

Well that might be based on your experience, but around these parts and from what I hear in the British media he certainly doesn’t. And I see the money argument. I won’t say it doesn’t matter, but people make a lot out of it. I used to myself. However, just because Grealish cost 100 million or whatever it was doesn’t mean he’s a 100 million player.

And if you want to see how the players feel just watch the post-match stuff from over here. Haaland, Grealish and Henry all notably praised Guardiola after the match.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
As Les Havs said, when Pep took over in Barcelona he let popular players go and gambled on the academy players, and that wasn’t a popular move and he was even booed at Camp Nou, but it paid off

Now let’s see if he can win with Stoke City though :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Fighter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad