GWT: Champions League Final Build-Up and GDT

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I think fullbacks weren’t terrible, but saying great is a stretch. No one in light blue was great tonight, again, but especially in relation to normal and expected standards and abilities.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
To be fair, pick out a City player who played well. I’m not in such shock that they lost, but to play so far below their standards and abilities, again at the big CL hurdle is baffling.
I thought Gundogan did alright. I don’t think Sterling did bad either.

Foden, De Bruyne and Bernardo kept clogging each other’s space. Should have only started two of them. Chelsea again was able to exploit City’s overrated center backs who were consistently two slow and out of position. Couldn’t hide them today. The fullbacks offered nothing, no idea why Cancelo didn’t play.

Mahrez I talked about already but played like he forgot to take his adderall in the morning. The subs all made no sense. Pep lost that game. Quit as soon as Chelsea scored. No energy and just looked defeated and it trickled down to the team. I was really impressed by Tuchel keeping the energy up. Pep just looked like someone farted in his face the whole game.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I never thought I'd see Azpilicueta, as Chelsea captain, holding this trophy. His captaincy always felt like a transition period. But here we f***ing are. Amazing shit

Reactions: Blender

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
N'Golo Kante:

2 league titles
1 FA Cup
1 Europa League
1 Champions League
1 World Cup

What a legend, and maybe a Euro Cup to come?
I’ll post this again

B9631399-134D-4E27-A86F-AC7E0BE593B2.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad