GWT: Champions League 22/23 group stage: Matchday 1

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Also, to further your point, of the players to blame on that goal, Kepa is 3rd at the highest. Fofana with like 95% of the blame, the other CB with maybe 4% for not winning the flick on header, and Kepa at 1%. Maybe even throw whoever was closest to the attacker when the break started and didn't stay with him above Kepa too.
this last few weeks has looked like lampard’s chelsea defensively which is 😬

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
was watching some 2020 highlights and it is insane how good pulisic looked

man was a monster out there for a few months - hazard level. since then, he’s been like schurrle level at best. crazy drop off

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Without Kante, there is 0 defensive force in the midfield, with Tuchel's attacking tactics, there is virtually 0 penetration and end-product, with new CBs, there is likely going to take time to develop chemistry. You take all that and combine it with the piss poor mentality that they have anytime they go down, and it has disaster written all over it.

Reactions: Peen

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
lol this announcer is awful.

"And the flag goes up against Aubameyang" uhh, no it clearly didn't. The fact that it took a replay for him to realize that it was on Chilwell on the initial run is hilarious.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm guessing you are American lol
Pulisic had a couple stretches in 19/20, where he dominated. Injuries have destroyed him though. In that final stretch of hte 19/20 season, he had goals against City, Liverpool, and Arsenal, and the Liverpool game, he was 1+1.

And take it for what it's worth, he was our top rated player in 9 of those 11 matches on the WeAintGotNoHistory site.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I'm guessing you are American lol
canadian

been pretty staunchly "anti" pulisic since then because he's played like shit but then whines about playing time and some implications from his father on twitter that he deserves more, mount etc. deserve less

very whiney player who has looked terrible

but if you watched pulisic before that, you cannot deny how good he was. there were periods where he was dropping deep towards midfield and picking it up and just driving through multiple players before getting into the box and scoring. FA Cup 2020 and Liverpool games stand out. He was a one man attack.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
we’ve had like five of those balls along the six yard line. someone needs to get a toe on

f***ing ziyech is so shit

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I’m a straight man with an impeccable record of bear fighting, orc slaying and wood cutting with my bare hands in freezing temperatures but I must admit that referee is good looking tbh
He must be a part time model

Also : lol Havertz

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
what happened there with the yellow card? wasn't paying attention

as much as chelsea's been getting those good crosses in, has to be pretty clear to dinamo that's what they should expect and defend against

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
we bought the wrong big hair left wing back

ljubicic is very good

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
the one time ljubicic gets beaten (and he didn’t even get beaten - it was a weird deflection), reece almost scores

Someone should buy that guy he’s very good

ademi has played v well as well

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
the one time ljubicic gets beaten (and he didn’t even get beaten - it was a weird deflection), reece almost scores

Someone should buy that guy he’s very good

ademi has played v well as well

Buying a player based on him being good against your team would be very… Chelsea.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Buying a player based on him being good against your team would be very… Chelsea.
I mean, we had the right idea with De Bruyne and Salah. I might not have the exact timelines and we probably did other scouting, we seeing them dominate when we played them in UCL against their old clubs probably helped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad