GWT: Champions League 22/23 group stage: Matchday 1

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Want to see how Dinamo's kids look against Chelsea and Kai's starting...but putting BVB on in the background instead.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
brilliant goal from orsic, poor from the backline

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Also I thought Aubamayeng had a jaw issue, but he’s wearing a face shield that doesn’t protect his jaw at all.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
this is either the 1st or 2nd best game we've played so far this season though

we've had some really good repeated attacks

everyone is playing well

should be able to win this game

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Lots of useless possession by Chelsea. Koulibaly just shouldn't lose challenges like that and thus being out of position. Fofana was just slower than Orsic. Like mentioned, nice finish.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Lots of useless possession by Chelsea. Koulibaly just shouldn't lose challenges like that and thus being out of position. Fofana was just slower than Orsic. Like mentioned, nice finish.
Really disagree with the first point. Any other game this season I would agree. They're shredding through Zagreb

Koulibaly is probably the biggest worry we've got. I can't imagine he continues to look this pedestrian the rest of his chelsea career. Thiago should be able to help him guide him on how to be successful in his 30s...

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
We finally found a team at the level of the bundesliga?
i said a month ago it's make or break for kai this year - if he doesn't put it together in english competitions, maybe it is a league thing for him

like even when he plays like shit/doesn't look like he exists on the field, he still works hard, has the technique, the physicality, the confidence, whatever else

he has a striker to play off of this year - but then again, we thought he would have one with lukaku and within a month that was dead lol

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Dortmund up 1-0. Reus is still obviously the most talented player on the pitch. He is so fun to watch.

I try not to watch other PL teams midweek if I can avoid it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not watching, but tweets from a bunch of Chelsea accounts don't sound good. Gotta think he has until WC break to get the team performing.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Thought Kepa was very bad on that.

This guy has the best goalie analysis on Twitter and he agrees.

We all know Kepa is not a good goalkeeper

At his peak, he is an average one at best

But i’m a big believer in *not* blaming your goalkeeper until it becomes repetitive. Chelsea have just had poor defending all season. It’s compounding with poor goalkeeping, but I always prefer to put blame at where the problem starts

Then again, the problem is also starting with the fact that every team we play is putting all but 1 or 2 in two defensive blocks very deep against us and we look good for 20-25 and don’t score - then lose hope

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Really disagree with the first point. Any other game this season I would agree. They're shredding through Zagreb

Koulibaly is probably the biggest worry we've got. I can't imagine he continues to look this pedestrian the rest of his chelsea career. Thiago should be able to help him guide him on how to be successful in his 30s...

Useless in a sense, that the end product was really lacking. 61% of possession, one shot on target.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Useless in a sense, that the end product was really lacking. 61% of possession, one shot on target.
I thought we penetrated and got through frequently the first half of that half.

I had an issue with Azpi and Auba starting today. Broja had looked good and Azpi had looked bad.

As soon as we conceded, the useless possession with no penetration started again. The turnovers became more frequent along with the walking

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
We all know Kepa is not a good goalkeeper

At his peak, he is an average one at best

But i’m a big believer in *not* blaming your goalkeeper until it becomes repetitive. Chelsea have just had poor defending all season. It’s compounding with poor goalkeeping, but I always prefer to put blame at where the problem starts

Then again, the problem is also starting with the fact that every team we play is putting all but 1 or 2 in two defensive blocks very deep against us and we look good for 20-25 and don’t score - then lose hope

Also, to further your point, of the players to blame on that goal, Kepa is 3rd at the highest. Fofana with like 95% of the blame, the other CB with maybe 4% for not winning the flick on header, and Kepa at 1%. Maybe even throw whoever was closest to the attacker when the break started and didn't stay with him above Kepa too.

• Love
Reactions: Peen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad