Prospect Info: Champions Hockey League

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ylonen's team up 2-0 after 1. Not the best period from him, he did have a good shot on the PP and a nice pass up the boards but he must of had 4 turnovers, 2 in his own end while trying to the puck out and at least another one of the PP.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Ylonen's team up 2-0 after 1. Not the best period from him, he did have a good shot on the PP and a nice pass up the boards but he must of had 4 turnovers, 2 in his own end while trying to the puck out and at least another one of the PP.

I saw legit offensive potential in him not 2 years ago. What an idiot I was.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

it's still too early but i have my doubts about him. @Mrb1p maybe right about the decision-making issues he had with him. Again, I'm gonna be patient and it's way too early to say but I don't have the greatest feeling about him. Still really hope he can put it together.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
3-0! they need to win this and take one of the 2 games vs Minsk and they should make the playoff round of 16 in the 2nd half of the tournament (not for months)

the offensive upside is there to go with his impressive speed but there are concerns for sure imo.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Are the Pelicans playing as bad as they were in the 3rd against Lausanne? Because that was pretty ugly.

they were playing well but then a 5 on 3 PP which led to a goal with 6 seconds left. After that it was all downhill. They are in a must win vs Lausanne on Sunday and have to take at least one vs Minsk.

Reactions: Acadien86

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I maintain that Ylonen will likely be a 20-20 guy who has very good possession numbers.

Valuable for sure but I don't think he's gonna be a legit top 6 talent. But a guy who plays in your top six because he has skill, and possess the puck well and has such great speed.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I maintain that Ylonen will likely be a 20-20 guy who has very good possession numbers.

Valuable for sure but I don't think he's gonna be a legit top 6 talent. But a guy who plays in your top six because he has skill, and possess the puck well and has such great speed.

20 20 is acceptable and if that's worse case scenario, still a decent 2 way player. Was expecting more like a 25-25,but time will tell. Could surprise and be another Nylander.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

It will be interesting to see him play with more talended players next year in Laval, Personally Im optimistic he can become a solid top 6 down the road...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Are the Pelicans playing as bad as they were in the 3rd against Lausanne? Because that was pretty ugly.
They started the game strong but they badly lack talent, Ylonen has poor linemates, there isnt much more he can do than whats he is doing right now... Would have signed him this summer and join Bouchard with Laval, maybe they didnt think he was physically ready yet for a physical league like the AHL.. Anyway, poeple will start to change their mind when the kid joins the org. next year and start playing with talended players...

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
They started the game strong but they badly lack talent, Ylonen has poor linemates, there isnt much more he can do than whats he is doing right now... Would have signed him this summer and join Bouchard with Laval, maybe they didnt think he was physically ready yet for a physical league like the AHL.. Anyway, poeple will start to change their mind when the kid joins the org. next year and start playing with talended players...

From the Lausanne game, I was shocked to see how his linemate wouldn't give him any passing options. They had no chemistry whatsoever and they clearly weren't able to follow Ylonen's speed. I also made the comment that I'd like to see him in Laval after that game.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
From the Lausanne game, I was shocked to see how his linemate wouldn't give him any passing options. They had no chemistry whatsoever and they clearly weren't able to follow Ylonen's speed. I also made the comment that I'd like to see him in Laval after that game.
Exactly, Ylonen is good at finding the open spots but his teammates dont process the game at a very high level and just cant see those options Ylonen is offering, thats frustrating to see cause Ylonen is the first one to distribute pucks with accuracy, he is the opposite of a selfish player, he does his best with the linemates he has... At the end, he will probably end up near the PPG pace, even with the little support he has...

Edit: They should also use Ylonen much more in transition, their transition is pityful right now...

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Everytime I see the name Adam Michaels, I know that I will be informed. We're lucky to have you.

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad