Prospect Info: Champions Hockey League

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ylonen moves so smooth, just watching him skate is fun.

I really like the speed and how quickly he can hit top gear but I still have my doubts about his IQ, on one play in his own end he flew back to the slot to help cover a player but as soon as he got there they passed it back to the now open point that he left. I haven't been able to see a ton of him but in the games i have there are just little things that leave me with more questions. But that speed and skating are beauty, I was thinking the same thing but with Romanov, while watching the U-20 tournament last week I thought to myself that watching him skate is worth the time as he's just such a fluid skater that he makes it look so effortless.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Really bad turnover here by Ylonen here that led to the tying goal.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Bad shift there, intercepted pass in the neutral zone and then bad defensive coverage...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
God this team is terrible, completely devoid of skills, Ylonen has no one to play with...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
well that's what I was talking about, not sold on the IQ and that play showed it, just a really stupid thing to do on your backhand and up the middle like that late in a tight game. You just can't do that. But it's more then that and I'm not saying he lacks IQ, just that in the games I've seen, which I'm hoping they win as much as possible so I can get to see more of him, but there are just little things that i've seen that concern me or at least make me question his IQ.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
well that sucks but at least they lost in the SO.

Ylonen - 1g, -1, 5 shots, 19:30 TOI

Olofsson - 0 pts, Even, 7 shots, 4 out of 5 on draws, 13:36 TOI

a lot of TOI for Ylonen and a lot of shots for Olofsson which is great to see.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Beer league goaltending...

Not the best game for Ylonen, was still relentless on the forecheck, very good 1 on 1, but very little going offensively this game, I think you cant blame the kid alone, poor quality of linemates and poor transition team didnt help him much today, thats why I feel AHL was where he should have played this year... More skilled teammates and faster paced team, it would have been a better fit in Laval and a much more instructive year for his development...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ylonen's team have 2 more games later in the week on Friday and Sunday vs the 2 teams they just faced. After that they have 2 games vs Minsk who are the current leaders of the division but those games aren't until October.

After that if they are among the top 2 teams in their division then they advance to the round of 16, if not then it's over for them. They are currently in 2nd place in their division

I put the schedule, standings, top scorer links in the op.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Beer league goaltending...

Not the best game for Ylonen, was still relentless on the forecheck, very good 1 on 1, but very little going offensively this game, I think you cant blame the kid alone, poor quality of linemates and poor transition team didnt help him much today, thats why I feel AHL was where he should have played this year... More skilled teammates and faster paced team, it would have been a better fit in Laval and a much more instructive year for his development...
Pelicans were one of the top offensive teams in the Liiga last year. His teammates are fine. He needs to be more assertive and be better at controlling the game. Last night was a perfect example of his deficiencies. He lacks the dynamic ability. He is too offensively shy to use his skills. Instead he relies on his forecheck + cycling ability to generate offense. Its just too bad, its a waste of talent the way he plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad