Chabot's nasty goal against Toronto

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
This ain't a confessional booth about how bad your team is doing.

Well considering how the clip involves my team, I thought it is appropriate to speak about them. Getting f***ing tired of having someone tell me to stop posting about the Leafs every time they are mentioned on the mains in threads they are applicable in. Like jesus christ.

Reactions: Lilou

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I really like everything I've seen from this kid so far. It's gotta be great for Sens fans to have things like this to be excited for.

Reactions: nucks88

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Well considering how the clip involves my team, I thought it is appropriate to speak about them. Getting ****ing tired of having someone tell me to stop posting about the Leafs every time they are mentioned on the mains in threads they are applicable in. Like jesus christ.
Yo I'm just ball busting man, if you need me I'm here tho.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Well considering how the clip involves my team, I thought it is appropriate to speak about them. Getting ****ing tired of having someone tell me to stop posting about the Leafs every time they are mentioned on the mains in threads they are applicable in. Like jesus christ.

The Leafs are irrelevant here. Chabot scored a great goal, leave it at that.

You are quickly becoming "That Leafs poster", just a heads up.

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
It was a reference to when Rielly had a similar goal against the Oilers and that were the comments lol
Difference being that chabot scored TWO nice goals in the same game which means he's TWICE as good as Reilly !!

In all seriousness he's gonna be a great player, unfortunately I missed the game.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
So the Sens lose Karlsson but then this guy shows up. The Ottawa scouts deserve heaping praise for finding such gifted defensemen. I can’t believe how good his footwork and agility is for such a big man. Another franchise defenseman in the making for sure.

Reactions: dukeofjive

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
OP needs to add an "s" after goal in the title. @HSF and add this to the main post

So the Sens lose Karlsson but then this guy shows up. The Ottawa scouts deserve heaping praise for finding such gifted defensemen. I can’t believe how good his footwork and agility is for such a big man. Another franchise defenseman in the making for sure.

His junior pedigree is unbelievable. He won best defender in entire CHL in only 34 games. Same season he was first ever defender to win MVP at wjc with a historic performance for team Canada. His point totals last season rival Karlsson's rookie season too. But I wouldn't label him as franchise defender though. I think there's a total of 5-7 franchise defenseman in the entire NHL currently (Karlsson, Doughty, Hedman, Subban, Pietrangelo, Keith, Weber) few guys knocking on the door like Josi, Burns and few guys like Provorov Jones , McAvoy and Heiskanen have potential after few more proven seasons. There's a distinction for franchise defenders, normally they compete for the Norris in more than one season and are still comfortably in top 5-10 NHL defender talks for another chunk.

But if someone has the ability, Chabot definitely right up there with them.

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ottawa is an incredible team at dinding those gems every draft, going to be nice seeing him play, well not againts my habs.

They really never get enough credit for the job they have done over the years. There was a span of a couple years where they didn’t really hit but they are hitting the point where they have a number of late gems ready to take the jump. Chabot is the prize but on the backend alone they have Lajoie, Wolanin and Jaros to add to the list all of which look like they could be impact players really soon. Lajoie is already getting a look and has looked equally as good as Chabot to start the season. Not as flashy but he’s so steady and has very good vision.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Karlsson who?

In all serious, Chabot is one of the absolute best young d-men in the game and probably the best skater and puck handler at this point. The fact that he claimed a top-pairing role in his rookie season went under the radar due to how atrocious his team was. His achievements and performance in junior was as good as it gets and the sky’s the limit for his professional career.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
impressive all night long, not just on that goal.

looks like a gem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad