Chabot's nasty goal against Toronto

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
So the Sens lose Karlsson but then this guy shows up. The Ottawa scouts deserve heaping praise for finding such gifted defensemen. I can’t believe how good his footwork and agility is for such a big man. Another franchise defenseman in the making for sure.

Yea, but as long as Melnyk is the owner, they'll short change him and make him want to leave.

But yea, Chabot looks amazing. I'd kill for him to be on my team.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Sens made the powerhouse Leafs look like an ECHL squad. That was some effort by Chabot
Only thing I took from this post was that you clearly didn't watch the game.

Though it'd be nice if this thread was only about Chabot, he had a great game and that goal was stellar.

We don't need neutral fans turning another thread into a Leaf thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: topshelf15

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Only thing I took from this post was that you clearly didn't watch the game.

Though it'd be nice if this thread was only about Chabot, he had a great game and that goal was stellar.

Watched a replay of the game. What’s wrong with what I said? You can’t win em all. Sens made the leafs look silly. Anderson and the defnense were atrocious. Relax tiger. Don’t be so sensitive. Chabot was awesome.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
The Laffs are not going to be good this season. Still, Chabot had two highlight goals against them. Looks like he's a keeper - good thing for Ottawa fans.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Chabot's shots weren't beach balls. He was in BEAST mode and completely shredded TML. Man, I'd give my left testicle to have this kid on my team. I'm jealous of OTT
Not Chabot's goal, that was nice for sure... as a Leaf's fan, I want nothing more than Ottawa and Montreal to be good, so our rivalries mean something. Last night though, there were 2 real softies Andersen let in, a 3rd that he should probably have had. The difference in the game was goaltending, Leafs dominated possession, doubled up Ottawa on high danger chances and total shot attempts. Chabot looks like the real deal though, I'm glad Ottawa has some good pieces to build around.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Not Chabot's goal, that was nice for sure... as a Leaf's fan, I want nothing more than Ottawa and Montreal to be good, so our rivalries mean something. Last night though, there were 2 real softies Andersen let in, a 3rd that he should probably have had. The difference in the game was goaltending, Leafs dominated possession, doubled up Ottawa on high danger chances and total shot attempts. Chabot looks like the real deal though, I'm glad Ottawa has some good pieces to build around.
I thought the Leafs only dominated possession because of faceoffs. They looked pretty even otherwise - it's just that Ottawa couldn't win a faceoff to save their lives, including in their own zone. The Leafs' possession game on the PP appears to largely improve.... suddenly.... 'I wonder if it's due to the presence of Tavares. The Leafs have two good PP lines to send out there, now. If they can fix the Nylander situation, that should help them a lot more. Still, that D is going to result in just as many goals against - imho, plays like what Chabot did will be common place for the next while.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Watched a replay of the game. What’s wrong with what I said? You can’t win em all. Sens made the leafs look silly. Anderson and the defnense were atrocious. Relax tiger. Don’t be so sensitive. Chabot was awesome.

Chabot was good yes.

Leafs outplayed the Sens the majority of the game, Andersen had some stinkers and sunk them.

I'm not being sensitive, though I'm wondering why an Islander fan needs to come in here and peddle incorrect opinions (like the Sens making the Leafs look like an ECHL team).. just maybe someone is still a little sensitive/hurt over something that happened throughout the summer?

Check the hdsf/shots etc and it's heavily weighted on the Leafs side. This replay you watched clearly didn't tell the whole story.

But don't make this about the Leafs, Chabot had a great game and had a tremendous goal. Kid looks like a gamer.

Reactions: SenatorKarlsson

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Has anyone mentioned the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast where the announcer (Hughson I believe) said that Chabot is "making a lot of people forget about Karlsson".

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Chabot was good yes.

Leafs outplayed the Sens the majority of the game, Andersen had some stinkers and sunk them.

I'm not being sensitive, though I'm wondering why an Islander fan needs to come in here and peddle incorrect opinions (like the Sens making the Leafs look like an ECHL team).. just maybe someone is still a little sensitive/hurt over something that happened throughout the summer?

Check the hdsf/shots etc and it's heavily weighted on the Leafs side. This replay you watched clearly didn't tell the whole story.

But don't make this about the Leafs, Chabot had a great game and had a tremendous goal. Kid looks like a gamer.

It is about the leafs though because that’s who Chabot and the Sens were playing. Lol

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Well looks like that replay you watched didn't fail you totally I guess.

Lighten up Suzy. It’s one guys opinion that the Sens made the leafs look bad. That’s how I saw it. On paper the leafs should have dominated.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

I think the difference in the game was Chabot dominating the TMLs. This NHL needs some all-time elite dmen like we had back in the Niedermayer, Blake, Bourque and Lidstrom era.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
I think the difference in the game was Chabot dominating the TMLs. This NHL needs some all-time elite dmen like we had back in the Niedermayer, Blake, Bourque and Lidstrom era.
Not even... he was their best player and made a difference, but goaltending was the story last night. Leafs dominated Sens in every offensive category... shot attempts were 80-40, possession 65-35, Marner and Matthews alone had more high danger chances than the entire Ottawa team... just, Andersen let in 2 real bad softies. Chabot's a stud though, good on the Sens!

Reactions: SenatorKarlsson

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
As a Leafs fan - it was scary any time Chabot was on the ice and terrifying when he had the puck. Sens have themselves a real good one here.

I'm a Leaf fan too. Chabot was great last night. I'm also a TEAM USA fan I remember Chabot's last year with Canada he was the best player on the ice. Good to see him come of age. I just prefer not to see it against the Leafs.....

Reactions: Paris in Flames

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

ya...must be that eh? tell you what...I don't know how all the fancy stats are calculated. I looked at the stats for that game. THE best scoring chance in that first period was Duchene sending Dzingel in alone. He sent the puck over top the net on what CBC initially called a big save. it was the best chance either side in the first. look at the stats though and how many hdsc did ottawa have in the first? none. so.....ya i saw the stats and it's nice that you can quote but with 3 minutes left when the Leafs pulled the goalie the shots were 30-23 and it was a fairly even game to that point slightly in Toronto s favour I'd give you. dominating. ah no. and I don't care what the stats say. I watched the game and the stats lie. there was no domination thru 57 minutes.

Reactions: IWantMyParade

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I thought the Leafs only dominated possession because of faceoffs. They looked pretty even otherwise - it's just that Ottawa couldn't win a faceoff to save their lives, including in their own zone. The Leafs' possession game on the PP appears to largely improve.... suddenly.... 'I wonder if it's due to the presence of Tavares. The Leafs have two good PP lines to send out there, now. If they can fix the Nylander situation, that should help them a lot more. Still, that D is going to result in just as many goals against - imho, plays like what Chabot did will be common place for the next while.

So he's not exceptional and anyone could do these moves?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Has anyone mentioned the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast where the announcer (Hughson I believe) said that Chabot is "making a lot of people forget about Karlsson".

I mean if were taking this statement in the literal sense, well then yeah its kinda hard to forget about what just happened with the best dman we've ever had. There's still an open wound thats a giant sized hole right above the spot where the heart of the franchise used to be.

But in the figurative sense, then yes (after 2 whole games) he's stepped into EK's boots and not missed a beat.

He's never going to put up the same numbers, but he's also bigger and light years ahead defensively at the same age. If he continues this kind of progression then its conceivable that we're going to get over the loss of EK one day. Helps that all the SJ guys have all looked good so far too.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->