Injury Report: Chabot & J. Brown likely out for remainder of season

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
As long as whatever it is isn't going to be an issue for Chabot and it's mostly precautionary...then honestly, I'm happy about it.

I love idea of not having our kingpin on the blueline for a few games (and meaningless ones, at that). See what the rest of the kids can do in a nearly pressure-free environment. Of course, we have to remember this is just dipping a toe in the water and not what these kids will really look like in a real pressure situation...but it's still a nice little preview.

Getting JBD a few reps in real games will be fun. Perfect learning (and teaching) opportunity here for the organization.
Agree with all of this. Plus, who knows, maybe we get a better pick?

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Starting to think Bernard-Docker is closing in on Nick Paul's status as most over rated Senator on this team.

So many people excited to watch a 5-6th defenseman, and I am not sure why.

It's to get a first look at the kid, and start to get a bit of an idea how he will fit in the NHL. It's entirely possible the kid maxes out as a third pairing...but maybe he has enough ability to sneak into the top four.

We won't know for sure until the kid gets a number of NHL game sunder his belt.

Reactions: DrEasy

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
One game in and the poor guy has detractors already.

Weirdly unwarranted ones too. Hes gonna be a solid piece for the team. Of course people are excited to see what he's got and where he sits developmentally speaking. It's like the board isn't allowed to have joy. So deep the negative undertones around here. It's kind of sad. This teams got a real bright future. Rejoice a bit more

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Starting to think Bernard-Docker is closing in on Nick Paul's status as most over rated Senator on this team.

a68791d0fac6a631306b4ed3cd680488.gif

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

This board treats JBD as Chabot’s future partner and Thomson as a 7D. I’m not a huge JBD fan but I think his puck moving skills will fit in well with the style of play this team want to play.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Weirdly unwarranted ones too. Hes gonna be a solid piece for the team. Of course people are excited to see what he's got and where he sits developmentally speaking. It's like the board isn't allowed to have joy. So deep the negative undertones around here. It's kind of sad. This teams got a real bright future. Rejoice a bit more
They’d rather make 100 shitposts about a nothing player like Tierney than celebrate the great young players we’re watching flourish in front of our eyes. Unfortunate reality of trying to find a community to talk about the Sens.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Great point. I only wish I knew all this before I got excited. For future reference, may you please provide a list of players we should be excited about, and to what degree? It would be really nice to avoid an emotional rollercoaster of this nature in the future.

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
Alsing will likely move into the line-up and Aspirot will jump up to the taxi squad.

Frankly, I think that's the wrong approach since it's almost certain the Sens won't re-sign Olle, while Jonathan is locked up for two more years.

On that basis, I would bring Aspirot into the line-up. He's bigger, stronger and much better defensively - and arguably offensively - than Alsing.

Reactions: The Expert

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Just to make my earlier point clear since it seems to have a triggered a bunch of people:

I have nothing against Bernard-Docker but while many posters the past week have been crying over JBD not getting any games, I was gladly enjoying watching the team play some of its best hockey this season and winning games; and yes Josh Brown was much improved and actually playing well.

You reward a winning line up by keeping it together, and a good coach will be respected by all his players when he treats them fairly, not when he gives preference to some bit shot rookie coming out of college just because the fans want to see him play.

Low and behold, injuries happen in the game of hockey and with some patience, the fans are getting what they want and now they will get their taste of the new guy (and be so quick to say "he's not ready", if he has even one bad game).

Reactions: Ice-Tray

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I’m a fan of JBD and glad to get to watch him play tonight.

As for the negative undertones, that’s how a lot of us felt reading countless posts trashing Josh Brown while he and the team were playing the best hockey of their lives and winning. Where was this stance then out of curiosity?

Reactions: TheDebater

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Brother you've been overhyping guys since you came on HF. What makes JBD any different lol.

You joined in 2017, how do you know what I posted in 2010? I was fairly inactive from your start date until last year so something doesn’t add up, lol. You have a burner account?

Calling JBD a number 5-6 after 1 NHL game is a hilarity, even if he turns to Mike Reilly(which I have posted before saying it’s a possibility).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Just to make my earlier point clear since it seems to have a triggered a bunch of people:

I have nothing against Bernard-Docker but while many posters the past week have been crying over JBD not getting any games, I was gladly enjoying watching the team play some of its best hockey this season and winning games; and yes Josh Brown was much improved and actually playing well.

You reward a winning line up by keeping it together, and a good coach will be respected by all his players when he treats them fairly, not when he gives preference to some bit shot rookie coming out of college just because the fans want to see him play.

Low and behold, injuries happen in the game of hockey and with some patience, the fans are getting what they want and now they will get their taste of the new guy (and be so quick to say "he's not ready", if he has even one bad game).

Most of the complaints were along the line of get him in games either here or with the BSens. It's funny, when people wanted Brannstrom playing with the sens, it was noted by some that we should be happy he was getting 25 mins with Belleville rather than be in and out of the sens lineup getting 10 despite the big teams backend struggling. The narrative seems different with JBD, he's fine to sit in a pressbox until injuries open up a spot because we're winning games without him..

Reactions: DrEasy
Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Perfect situation to get the new guys a game or two. Do not see why there should be any hand wringing. If they win somehow, awesome. If they lose, that is draft friendly with 4 games left, awesome. With the injuries there is zero expectation of a win.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Most of the complaints were along the line of get him in games either here or with the BSens. It's funny, when people wanted Brannstrom playing with the sens, it was noted by some that we should be happy he was getting 25 mins with Belleville rather than be in and out of the sens lineup getting 10 despite the big teams backend struggling. The narrative seems different with JBD, he's fine to sit in a pressbox until injuries open up a spot because we're winning games without him..

Completely different situations. Please tell me I do not need to expand on that.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Completely different situations. Please tell me I do not need to expand on that.
I guess we'll just gloss over the misrepresenting complaints about JBD as getting him in the sens lineup and not getting him in pro games writ large because you think it was justifiable to start Brannstrom in Belleville. Brannstrom wasn't really the key point of what I was saying and whether it was right to send him down doesn't take away from the potential benefit JBDcould have gotten playing games while waiting for an opening with the big club, but sure...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I’m a fan of JBD and glad to get to watch him play tonight.

As for the negative undertones, that’s how a lot of us felt reading countless posts trashing Josh Brown while he and the team were playing the best hockey of their lives and winning. Where was this stance then out of curiosity?

I'm a fan of JBD too, but not sure how far along he is developed although coming out of UND (the defence factory school) it wouldn't surprise me if he is already NHL ready. Due to the numbers on RD though he may still have to start the yr in Belleville next season.

I don't think J. Brown is playing any better than he did at the beginning of the season, what is different is that this team is finally getting NHL goaltending from a backup & minor league goalies & the forwards are coming back much sooner & deeper giving their defence shorter outlet passes. I think those two things have improved the defence & the team overall reducing their goals against & keeping them in games longer & giving the team a chance to win more games.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Alsing will likely move into the line-up and Aspirot will jump up to the taxi squad.

Frankly, I think that's the wrong approach since it's almost certain the Sens won't re-sign Olle, while Jonathan is locked up for two more years.

On that basis, I would bring Aspirot into the line-up. He's bigger, stronger and much better defensively - and arguably offensively - than Alsing.

I think Aspirot will get at least one game. IIRC he impressed in camp and had a pretty good season with Belleville, they probably want to get him on the ice a couple of times with the team before putting him in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad