Injury Report: Chabot & J. Brown likely out for remainder of season

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Big news, and a big, big void on the back-end.

If this is in fact the case, we will be going through the remainder of the season with 10 healthy DMen under contract.

A breakdown of where all our DMen, excluding those who played last night, are currently situated:
JBD - NHL, healthy scratch
Alsing - Taxi Squad
Thomson - AHL
Goloubef - AHL
Aspirot - AHL
Fortunato - AHL

We also have Guenette signed for next season... not sure if he has signed an AHL ATO or not.

The obvious choice to plug in is JBD. Beyond that, though, things get a little hazy.... especially since the next Goloubef - the only other guy with NHL experience - and Thomson - likely one of the top 3 guys in line for a spot - are both RD.

I suspect Goloubef will come in as our #7, but it will be interesting to see what other moves are made.

Will Aspirot get a look?

Will we reach out to a UFA, such as Alzner, Seeler, Manning, or even Hainsey?

Will we try to orchestrate a trade with a Canadian team for a fringe guy, e.x Calle Rosen?

Either way.... things are about to get rough around here, but it will be a great challenge for the guys who are trying to carve out a role for next season. Hopefully, Chabot and Brown are just a little banged up.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
A great opportunity for JBD, Brannstrom and Mete.

We'll probably lose the rest of the way too which is whatever, helps a bit for the draft.

I just hope Chabot's injury isn't serious and the team is being careful all while taking the opportunity to see how the rest of D does without Chabot carrying everyone.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Does anyone know if Chabot and J.Brown will return this season? Theres no threads about it

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
Time to fire up the waiver wire again?

It will be fun to see more of JBD, assuming that's part of the plan.

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
Sorta sucks but offers opportunity to see what else we got. I'm sure we will hear about it being a result of being over played. Hope he just needs rest no surgery

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
We likely get spanked these next games but looking forward to more ice time for Mete, Zub and Brannstrom. Will be interesting to see how these guys can play with bigger roles.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I think he made the right long term decision for his career, but Ottawa could definitely use Sanderson now.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Season is over in the middle of next week. And we need some Ls to keep our hopes of 1OA. So, this is a nothing burger. Especially since both players do not have serious injuries.

Reactions: DrEasy

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
No need to reach out to UFAs or trade for a guy, Merrick Rippon and Oliver Leblanc are still with Belleville. Just sign whatever try out agreements you need to to plug the holes there.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Random thought.

Is it possible that they are sitting J. Brown because they don't want to put him on IR going into the offseason because that might mean Seattle couldn't pick him?

Everything about that signing screams "we want Seattle to take this guy".

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Random thought.

Is it possible that they are sitting J. Brown because they don't want to put him on IR going into the offseason because that might mean Seattle couldn't pick him?

Everything about that signing screams "we want Seattle to take this guy".

Possible. He was almost certainly signed as a guy to meet exposure requirements. I don't think he gets taken though. I think that was the point. He was a guy that would be exposed but unlikely to be taken.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Possible. He was almost certainly signed as a guy to meet exposure requirements. I don't think he gets taken though. I think that was the point. He was a guy that would be exposed but unlikely to be taken.

Right, then my question wasn't worded properly.

Are you allowed to expose players on IR? If not, maybe that is why they are sitting him.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Where’s the bench Chabot guy?
He’s about to get an up close personal look at what it really means to not have our best player in the lineup.
it didn’t look pretty (aside from Gus) after he went down last night. It’s almost as if having an incredible player who can play 25 min/night a move the puck up ice is a good thing...who knew.

this is an opportunity for the D left to step up and become better without having to rely on Chabot. Could help in the long run, also let’s us see JBD, and gives us a no fault of our own likelihood a a few more losses for draft status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad