Injury Report: Chabot & J. Brown likely out for remainder of season

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Where’s the bench Chabot guy?
He’s about to get an up close personal look at what it really means to not have our best player in the lineup.
it didn’t look pretty (aside from Gus) after he went down last night. It’s almost as if having an incredible player who can play 25 min/night a move the puck up ice is a good thing...who knew.

this is an opportunity for the D left to step up and become better without having to rely on Chabot. Could help in the long run, also let’s us see JBD, and gives us a no fault of our own likelihood a a few more losses for draft status.

Yeah, But I've seen him turn the puck over a number of times this year! So probably better without him.

tenor.gif

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Good for the tank. These injuries probably drops us 2-3 draft spots - which is a good thing. The culture is here, that’s safe.

good to see Brannstrom on the #1 PP and JBD on the PK.

would like to see Logan Brown still get a couple of games. Dzingel can take a seat

Schmautz11

Oct 5, 2007
Where’s the bench Chabot guy?
He’s about to get an up close personal look at what it really means to not have our best player in the lineup.
it didn’t look pretty (aside from Gus) after he went down last night. It’s almost as if having an incredible player who can play 25 min/night a move the puck up ice is a good thing...who knew.

this is an opportunity for the D left to step up and become better without having to rely on Chabot. Could help in the long run, also let’s us see JBD, and gives us a no fault of our own likelihood a a few more losses for draft status.

While I never advocated a benching of Chabot, I was disappointed in his play around the time that thread was created. That being said, his performance improved in quantum leaps over the past dozen games or so and he was the Chabot we saw a year or so ago. Very encouraging to see and the Sens record was certainly impacted by it.

Reactions: SensontheRush

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Disappointed for both of them, they were both playing well lately.

Gonna be a busy last 4 games for the tendies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Considering this is more precautionary and not considered a serious long-term injury, it's not exactly terrible news. We'll get to see JBD the rest of the way and probably lose the majority of the four remaining games, leading to a better draft position.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Considering this is more precautionary and not considered a serious long-term injury, it's not exactly terrible news. We'll get to see JBD the rest of the way and probably lose the majority of the four remaining games, leading to a better draft position.
win/win

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Damn. I had a bet on the Sens getting O45.5 points this season...

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Well we all wanted JBD free and now he is. Big opportunity for him to get some games in this season.

Alsing, is 25-years old and has played in the SHL and AHL so hopefully can provide some steady minutes.

Our last 4 games are against 4 different opponents:
vs Montreal
at Winnipeg
at Calgary
vs Toronto

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Sucks, but a fair amount of silver lining.

Zub can get a look on the top pairing. Maybe he can eventually be Chabot's partner with a Sanderson-JBD second pairing.

And of course JBD will also get some games. A taste of the NHL can't hurt his development, and should give him an idea of what it takes to play at that level.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I dont expect much from Alsing. Just be the next Zub is all.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don't think he gets picked up.

Likely will have better options.

Oh sure, but they get to draft a ton of guys, not sure anyone else available on our team provides the potential for too much more, including salary.

They will want some toughness that can play for sure as they will be a young growing team soon enough.

Who knows, I just like how we have nothing in the line that we can’t afford to lose.

Reactions: Boud

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Not really.

What, 4 games left in the season?

Well yes, but I don't think spending those 4 games getting caved in on defense is a great way to end the season, especially after all the talk about wanting to set a positive note going into next year. Maybe Sanderson wouldn't be a magic bullet, but I'm willing to bet he'd be a much better option than Alsing or Goloubef.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Chabot was at JIC today. He said, he see Stanley coming. Want to esquive the hit but his elbow was stuck in the board. Would like to play tomorrow. Well see he said tomorrow morning

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
As long as whatever it is isn't going to be an issue for Chabot and it's mostly precautionary...then honestly, I'm happy about it.

I love idea of not having our kingpin on the blueline for a few games (and meaningless ones, at that). See what the rest of the kids can do in a nearly pressure-free environment. Of course, we have to remember this is just dipping a toe in the water and not what these kids will really look like in a real pressure situation...but it's still a nice little preview.

Getting JBD a few reps in real games will be fun. Perfect learning (and teaching) opportunity here for the organization.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Starting to think Bernard-Docker is closing in on Nick Paul's status as most over rated Senator on this team.

So many people excited to watch a 5-6th defenseman, and I am not sure why.

Reactions: Sweatred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad