Confirmed Trade: [CGY/SEA] Tyler Pitlick for 2022 4th round pick

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Hopefully it’s Edmonton’s 3rd, a pick we didn’t even deserve in the first place lol

wish it was a pick lower than a 3rd, but it’s BT.
Haven't seen many flames fans say this about the pick. Big ups.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There's gotta be more moves incoming . Probably at the draft but the guys Seattle selected was not influened by someone else . There weren't any protection deals.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
He's pretty consistently scored at around a 14-goal pace. That's good for a bottom-6 forward.

Sure, but after 7 pro seasons, you hope for more than just "pace" from a 29yo player. The guy's career high is exactly 14 goals. Before and since, he's scored in the single-digits.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Sure, but after 7 pro seasons, you hope for more than just "pace" from a 29yo player. The guy's career high is exactly 14 goals. Before and since, he's scored in the single-digits.

In 286 career games his average per 82 games is 13.5 goals.

Hope away, but when you're paying a 4th, that's the best you can hope to get.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Can't lay all the blame on Francis. They have an entire scouting and analytics department that is just as responsible.

You really can. He set the prices too high and had teams call his bluff. He asked for a first and a third to not take Allen, if he'd have asked for a 2nd and 4th he likely could have got it and still gotten Fluery.

So many value lost picks.

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Too much for a 29 year old 4th liner who's now playing for his 5th team since he stuck around for more than a cup of coffee with the Oilers in 2016-2017.
I suspect this trade will have almost zero impact on the Flames march to the SC. Will likely be gone next year as a 30 year old UFA.

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
i don't understand Seattle's motivation on this trade.
they don't have many draft pics. I recall Vegas having something like 15 extra draft picks from teams over three years. They were solicited through trades and protection of players prior. Seattle didn't do much of that at all prior.

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
Not a bad price for a big Sutter-type player who will get lots of opportunity. Kinda reminds me of Chaisson or Derek Ryan. Journeyman players that can play up and down the lineup but belong on the fourth line. Probably a cheaper replacement for Derek Ryan for the Flames.

The guy is a unicorn - one of only a few Edmonton draft picks, picked outside of the first round, to actually play over 200 NHL games in the last 15 years.

Reactions: Nanuuk and 1989

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
So we heard there would be deals made to protect/select players... there were none
Then we heard there will be deals to flip players who were picked... three hours in and only Pitlick is flipped
Now it's going to be deals at the draft... to be seen
After that the next step is free agency, which is a notoriously bad idea to pin your hopes on.

Said it last night and I'll say it gain: Francis either outsmarted the league, or he outsmarted himself.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Don't understand why they didn't take Fischer if they were just going to dump Pitlick fir a 4th.

That's what I don't get. It looks like they passed on players that could have maybe gotten them better returns, or contribute. I guess not? You'd think they did their due diligence.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
In 286 career games his average per 82 games is 13.5 goals.

Hope away, but when you're paying a 4th, that's the best you can hope to get.

Thanks for the numbers. But my point was that PPG (or P / 82GP) is just that: a pace. Since becoming an NHL regular, Pitlick's only managed 259 of a possible 371 games. Even a solid pace only equates to pretty mediocre (actual) production when you miss nearly a third of all games.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
I am saying it’s a nothing trade

If you are a Kraken fan, are you happy if this is the best deal Francis can do with the whole draft?

They could make much better deals but they want to keep the good players. They can easily geta good return for Gourde, Larsson..... The fact that this is the only trade they made at some random point in time is completely irrelevant.

But to be honest I am impressed that they got a pick for the player they picked from the Yotes... With the quality Arizona exposed I though the Krakens would be better skipping that pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad