Confirmed Trade: [CGY/SEA] Tyler Pitlick for 2022 4th round pick

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
So many people assuming this is a stand alone trade.

This is probably very much related to the Giordano pick.

Calgary lets Seattle take Giordano in exchange for Pitlick

There is no way Seattle didnt make any trades related to the expansion draft. The NHL kept them hush hush and now they are going to start trickling out

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I am saying it’s a nothing trade

If you are a Kraken fan, are you happy if this is the best deal Francis can do with the whole draft?
I am happy Seattle hasn't taken on much in the way of bloated cap for 2022.

This year is very different, we are on the 2nd year of a flat cap, and it will continue for at least one more year.

Without the cap expanding, there is very little room or incentives for teams to throw picks at Seattle for other teams unprotected players.

In 2017 Vegas could have taken a player like Gostisbehere and flipped him for a 2nd. In 2021 it cost a 2nd and a 7th to dump him.

I had no delusions that there was going to a market for Seattle's picks the way there was for Vegas. I think Seattle accurately read the environment and has played it smart so far.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
flames are doing exactly what they did 10 years ago, not accepting that the time is now to rebuild and they do not have nearly the talent they think they have.

exactly.. that team struggled to score last season, and they were fully healthy.

Treleving is going to sign a bunch of journeymen and their fans will proclaim they have the deepest roster again next season lol.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007

There is no way Seattle didnt make any trades related to the expansion draft. The NHL kept them hush hush and now they are going to start trickling out

??? Calgary had no say in the matter, they left Giordano exposed.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell

What? This makes no sense. Calgary left Giordano open and couldn't pay the price to Seattle to not take him. They drafted him.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Then we heard there will be deals to flip players who were picked... three hours in and only Pitlick is flipped
Can you really call this a flip? Flipping usually involves increasing value of the asset. Did this really accomplish that?

It's more like the equivalent selecting a 4th round pick at the expansion draft.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Calgary could only protect 3 dmen and they had 4 they wanted to keep.... Gio, Tanev, Hanifin, and Andersson.
Gio, because of his age (38) and his contract (6.75M) and the fact that he was a FA at the end of this upcoming season, got the short end of the stick. No way was Calgary going to expose the other 3 in the ED.
No deal was made. Calgary wanted to keep Gio for the final year of his contract but it was a numbers game and they just couldn't and they weren't interested in paying what Francis wanted so they wouldn't. (a 1st and a 3rd round pick)

Reactions: Nanuuk

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve

It's 5PM PST. One and done.

OT, but I got this guy confused with Lance Pitlick and Tyler Bouck. Turns out Lance is his nephew.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I hope someone else goes to his NHL page to look at his statline only to be greeted with this creepy ass picture of Juuso Valimaki:

gT6rjvi.png

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
When he came to Philly people kept asking about him as a center, but he exclusively played wing
Yes he confirmed on fan 960 he's exclusively a winger since junior. Weird that so many stat sites list him as a centre.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I
Many weird moves. Quenville over Zadorov? Like wut
I thought the same but I guess the total number of contracts they can carry might be an issue and with Quinville I think can just not be signed and then would not take up a contract spot … that’s what’s I heard but not 100% sure how it all works

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00