Proposal: [CGY/PHI] Couturier to the Flames... what would it take?

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Aside from a goalie, I think the Flames are missing a strong centre to become truly dominant. Locking up a few RFA's and adding one or two pieces could turn this team into a formidable perennial contender, while Philly has been disappointing the last couple years. Perhaps a shake-up could do them some good?

Brodie, Jankowski, Kylington, Frolik, Bennett, Neal, and picks are likely to be made available (some regrettably), so what would it take to get this beauty to the Flames?

Wow you'd give us Neal for Coots? You're so generous.

Reactions: AnimalFear

Logan

Dec 10, 2018
Aside from a goalie, I think the Flames are missing a strong centre to become truly dominant. Locking up a few RFA's and adding one or two pieces could turn this team into a formidable perennial contender, while Philly has been disappointing the last couple years. Perhaps a shake-up could do them some good?

Brodie, Jankowski, Kylington, Frolik, Bennett, Neal, and picks are likely to be made available (some regrettably), so what would it take to get this beauty to the Flames?
All of these guys together couldn’t fetch Couturier

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017

Just for insight which ones are regrettable?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Philly needs to move some players for futures or they are going to linger in mediocrity imo. That squad can't win a cup and they are grasping at straws to stay relevant.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Philly needs to move some players for futures or they are going to linger in mediocrity imo. That squad can't win a cup and they are grasping at straws to stay relevant.
Wtf are you talking about? They have been rebuilding all while not tanking.

They only have 1 top 9 forward or top 6 Dman, 30 years old or more. Giroux. And I think he is still ok right?

Giroux Couturier Voracek
Lindblom Patrick Konecny
JVR Frost ???? (Maybe Farabee)
Raffl Laughton Hartman
NAK

Provy Sanheim
Ghost Myers
Hagg Gudas
Morin

Hart

That could be 12 guys with 4 years or less experience. Their biggest issue was injuries to goaltending which is hopefully fixed, and coaching....which hopefully will be this summer.

Not sure how young you expect a team to be.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Maybe. But what does that have to do with Sean Couturier?

I would argue he is worth more than anyone on the team. He will get the bonanza Philly needs to restructure and become a contender.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
If you have to ask, you can't afford him
200.jpg

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
As a neutral fan I'm trying to think of a realistic scenario where moving Couturier makes the Flyers a better team and I can't come up with anything.

There's few very players in the NHL that can rival his impact for us moving forward.

Young, cheap for a while, dynamite both ends of the ice, great temperament...

I know there's no untouchable players, but he's pretty close for us.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I would argue he is worth more than anyone on the team. He will get the bonanza Philly needs to restructure and become a contender.

He's worth more than any of them because he's a franchise cornerstone. You don't trade young franchise cornerstones when you're about to seriously contend (next year we're a 2nd round playoff team at least).

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
He's worth more than any of them because he's a franchise cornerstone. You don't trade young franchise cornerstones when you're about to seriously contend (next year we're a 2nd round playoff team at least).

Not if Hart doesn't work out.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Where is Andrew Hammond these days as a retort?
You mean the guy who was 26 and had never showed any signs of being elite?

You really want to compare him to the best CHL goalie the last 20 years...possibly ever?

Dumb.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I would argue he is worth more than anyone on the team.
He's worth more than anyone on the team because he's 26 years old, locked up for 3 more years at an insane rate and he's roughly a PPG player while providing Selke level defense. If the Flyers needed to move players for futures (they don't) he would be one of the few players who would not be available.

He will get the bonanza Philly needs to restructure and become a contender.
Yeah, let's trade Couturier so we can get back some guys that if everything goes perfect with their development might someday be as good as Couturier. Sound logic.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Given the flyers makeup cooter has tremendous value to the flyers. His production and salary only increase this. Tkachuk or monahan would then start a conversation about the pieces from the op. There'd be flyers fans who turned down johnny hockey though im not one of them. He's just not a guy we're in a position to move

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad