Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Cam Talbot signs with the Flames (1 year, $2.75M)

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'd argue that goalies like Elliott and Smith have had success elsewhere and then sucked in Calgary. Could be the same with Talbot.

Smith his first year in Calgary had similar numbers to his last two in Phoenix, it was last year when he was 37 years old that he had a big drop off.

Now it could be that it took a year for this magical Calgary making a goalie suck trick to happen or it could be that at 37 he isn't as good as he was when he was younger.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
One year makes sense but definitely don't understand the amount. How the heck is Talbot pulling $2.75 mil?

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Oilers fan here I might be in the minority but I really liked Talbot and blame alot of his short comings on our defense. He did get into a weird habit of letting the first shot of the game in but alot it was a bit bizarre but if he can pull another year out like he did for us three years ago prepare to be impressed. Good luck cheers

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
What does Smith have anything to do with Talbot? Smith sucked, Talbot sucked..so what? Asking for a friend

Why are oilers fans so excite about flames minor signing...are they worried? Asking for a friend
Very worried. With Oilers luck he is back to his 2016-17 form and Calgary has a legitimate starter.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
Talbot was as much to blame for the Oilers defense looking poor as the defense was for making Talbot look bad. Guy lost his mojo and struggled bad regardless of the D in front of him. It happens to goalies a lot.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The defense isn't that good, believe me
giphy.gif

Reactions: Snakepit

Schred

Sep 6, 2017
Would have rathered just have Smith back this year, but will have to wait and see. Should be some good story lines for the BOA regardless.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He's a good gamble for the Flames to make. A little rich @ 2.75M though.

It's only for a year. It's the best we could do for just a one year term and we couldn't go after someone like Lehner because he is about double the price. Hoping that Talbot can provide some stability on the backend. But, we've seen this rodeo before. Either we receive an absolute stud in the regular season and a no show in the playoffs, or vice versa. Elliott and Smith were perfect examples of both scenarios.

We could only do so much with the little cap space we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad