Proposal: [CGY/BUF] Andersson for Cozens+

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't think Power will be a top pair at all. I think if all goes well he will be a standard top 4 dman ..

His contract is bad...

This is why I am trying to sell him off for Andersson 😁
I love the honesty.

I wouldn't move Andersson for him, but I would love for Huska to get his hands on Power.

In just 4 years in the AHL he helped develop all of Andersson, Kylington and Kulak, as an assistant with the big club he continued the development of Kylington & Andersson, and helped both Hanifin and Weegar find new levels to their games.

In junior he was a part of the development of Shea Weber, Duncan Keith, Josh Jorges, Alex Edler, Luke Schenn, Tyler Myers, Tyson Barrie, Damon Severson, and Madison Bowey... not all turned into stars, but the Rockets were seen as a defenseman factor for a long while.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I love the honesty.

I wouldn't move Andersson for him, but I would love for Huska to get his hands on Power.

In just 4 years in the AHL he helped develop all of Andersson, Kylington and Kulak, as an assistant with the big club he continued the development of Kylington & Andersson, and helped both Hanifin and Weegar find new levels to their games.

In junior he was a part of the development of Shea Weber, Duncan Keith, Josh Jorges, Alex Edler, Luke Schenn, Tyler Myers, Tyson Barrie, Damon Severson, and Madison Bowey... not all turned into stars, but the Rockets were seen as a defenseman factor for a long while.

Oh... we have Matt Ellis 😭

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I don't think Power will be a top pair at all. I think if all goes well he will be a standard top 4 dman ..

His contract is bad...

This is why I am trying to sell him off for Andersson 😁
Oof ive seen you say this a couple times now, why arent you a fan of him

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
It would be hard to make a case from a pure value perspective that you shouldn't trade Mittelstadt for Andersson. In fact an NHL GM should immediately be removed from his position if he wouldn't do that. I'm not saying Mittelstadt sucks. I'm just saying a one dimensional 2nd line center isn't worth an all situations top pairing RHD.
I think you didn't understand. The Sabres don't need an Andersson. I'm not saying anything value wise. In the name of roster building and future cap implications Andersson for Cozens or Mittlestadt doesn't make sense.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Do please note that he is more or less the only regular Sabres HF forum poster that believes this. His opinion is NOT representative of the Sabres fanbase in general.

And I say this as one who agrees with a lot of what he says/opines.
Oh for sure, id imagine souring on a 1oa pick so soon is not a common opinion. Always interesting to see why

Reactions: Zman5778

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Oh for sure, id imagine souring on a 1oa pick so soon is not a common opinion. Always interesting to see why
Not saying I can't be wrong... I was wrong about Tage..I didn't think he'd amount to an NHL player. But.. I do not see it with Power and I believe the contract that Adams signed him to doesn't afford us the opportunity to be patient and have him work it out.

I don't believe he is 1st overall talent.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Not saying I can't be wrong... I was wrong about Tage..I didn't think he'd amount to an NHL player. But.. I do not see it with Power and I believe the contract that Adams signed him to doesn't afford us the opportunity to be patient and have him work it out.

I don't believe he is 1st overall talent.
I am split on this one. I do think he will eventually work out good, but I also agree the contract shouldn't have been offered. Make him earn it imo.

freester

Mar 22, 2014
Atlanta, Ga
Buffalo is willing to trade top prospects for RA. I don’t see them trading Cozens. Sabres need to win now. Mitts is unsigned long term so that is not appealing to Calgary. Calgary is rebuilding so top prospects are appealing.

Savoie and Rozen for RA.

Those are 2 top prospects who are ready for NHL next year. Buffalo could even add a 3rd lesser piece.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Ah i see, so u think its be a permanent issue for him then, not something he can just learn out of
Power never has been a strong defensive player, even in college. He should be able to learn but it looks like an awfully big hill to climb.

I really like Andersson, but the player that seems more of a fit both in style and in cap structure, is Matt Roy. I just don't expect good things to happen for Buffalo via UFA, so who knows how/when KA might upgrade the D-corps...if at all.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Is it outrageous to say power will turn out similar to hanifin? Guy with fantastic skating and good but not great at everything else, No physicality whatsoever. Gonna be a solid top pair guy, but wont be a #1

Not a bit. It’s what I thought pre-draft.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Buffalo is willing to trade top prospects for RA. I don’t see them trading Cozens. Sabres need to win now. Mitts is unsigned long term so that is not appealing to Calgary. Calgary is rebuilding so top prospects are appealing.

Savoie and Rozen for RA.

Those are 2 top prospects who are ready for NHL next year. Buffalo could even add a 3rd lesser piece.
cite examples when a top 10 drafted player who has not yet started their ELC has been traded for a rental player with 2+ yrs to UFA?

The times teams have traded a top 10 pick right before the draft for roster players are rare and most were panic moves. One example that wasnt was Staal from PIT to CAR for I think 8OA or near there and two other players.

buffalo isnt trading Savoie for Anderssen.

They could trade him for a younger player with 4+yrs of team control.

Buffalo could fo something like the staal trade for a U23 player.

The team needs more of a D first RD.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
If the Flames trade Hanifin, then Andersson needs to be kept. If the Flames trade Andersson, then Hanifin needs to be kept.

Given that it appears Hanifin will be traded, any talk of trading Andersson would have to see a blockbuster return. And I don't see that happening.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
cite examples when a top 10 drafted player who has not yet started their ELC has been traded for a rental player with 2+ yrs to UFA?

The times teams have traded a top 10 pick right before the draft for roster players are rare and most were panic moves. One example that wasnt was Staal from PIT to CAR for I think 8OA or near there and two other players.

buffalo isnt trading Savoie for Anderssen.

They could trade him for a younger player with 4+yrs of team control.

Buffalo could fo something like the staal trade for a U23 player.

The team needs more of a D first RD.
lol you think a team is trading is trading a top pair D with 4 years of term for a decent prospect? Ok

First + Kulich or bust

freester

Mar 22, 2014
Atlanta, Ga
lol you think a team is trading is trading a top pair D with 4 years of term for a decent prospect? Ok

First + Kulich or bust
My offer of Savoie and Rozen is a stronger offer than Kulich and. 1st round pick. RA is a very good RD and would be perfect for Buffalo. Calgary is rebuilding and may not want to or be unable to keep RA when his contract is up. It’s a smart move for Calgary to start a rebuild now. Both prospects are ready to contribute next season.

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020

First + Kulich or bust
What’s lol is you definitively think Kulich is better than Savoie ( who if he did not get injured his draft year could’ve gone in the top five and was projected to do so… And also is currently the second highest point per game pace of a WHL prospect in like the last 10 years > 2ppg ….)

• Haha
Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
My offer of Savoie and Rozen is a stronger offer than Kulich and. 1st round pick. RA is a very good RD and would be perfect for Buffalo. Calgary is rebuilding and may not want to or be unable to keep RA when his contract is up. It’s a smart move for Calgary to start a rebuild now. Both prospects are ready to contribute next season.
I prefer Kulich to Savoie and the first to Rosen. So if what you’re saying is true you should have no problem making that trade

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
Andersson would be a great add for Buffalo, minute munching dman that blocks like a champ and contributes well offensively and most importantly is a RD, a position of weakness for Buffalo, but I don't think Buffalo would be open to trading Cozens. Cozens was just signed to a 7 year deal that is a very reasonable caphit assuming Cozens returns to form; at the very least I don't think Adams will be the GM to move Cozens. Cozens is also a legitimate 2C if he returns to form, a position Buffalo can't fill very easily if they move him, especially since Mittelstadt is also rumoured to be available.

I think Buffalo likely is interested in Andersson, assuming he is available, he would improve the team but their offer likely doesn't start with Cozens and likely starts with their picks and specs.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I love the honesty.

Not doubting Huska penchant for developing defensemen. So I'm not arguing against that but wasnt Kelowna/Tacoma always seen of kinda defenseman factory (and goon producers)? With Hannan, McLaren, Yonkman, Georges and Souray coming through before Huskas arrival.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
The fact you're comparing Andersson to Ghost tells me you have no idea who Andersson is
How did you come to the that conclusion. Mind boggling. Re-read what he said, and then re-read it one more time for good measure. At no point in his post did he compare them, much less even mention his name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad