Proposal: [CGY/BUF] Andersson for Cozens+

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't usually start threads in here but I suggested this in a couple threads and there has been a wide variety of responses from Sabres fans ranging from Yes, to No, to they'd think about it, to they don't know if the Sabres would deal 2 centers in the same trade, so it should be for Owen Powers. So I thought I would open it up to the masses.

:sabres :flames
D - Rasmus AnderssonC - Dylan Cozens
C - Peyton Krebs
D - Jacob Bryson

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Yes please, but I doubt Sabre fans will be happy.

It's not a worse deal. Mangiapane is a good player but he could use a change of scenery. With good line mates he will score 30 goals.

Why would the Flames want to add MIttelstadt? He is the kind of player we should be avoiding.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Cozens fell that much?
I'd say it's a combination that Cozens is having a rough year and that Andersson keeps improving and provides a very interesting and rare set of tools as he can skate and lead the rush, play physical, he can PK and block shots, he doesn't make many bad pinches... and he's a RHD. Honestly Ras is kinda a unicorn.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yes please, but I doubt Sabre fans will be happy.

Why would the Flames want to add MIttelstadt? He is the kind of player we should be avoiding.
Too many people still think it's 2020, I see.

Mittelstadt has emerged as a very good 2C. He leads the Sabres in even strength points with 38 (same amount as Kadri). Just about zero chance Buffalo moves Cozens and Mittelstadt for that Flames package.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We won't have anyone to play defence for us soon enough.
That is absolutely a concern, but I have more faith in our drafting and development to churn our good defensemen than good forwards, specifically centermen

edit: added clarity at the end

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Too many people still think it's 2020, I see.

Mittelstadt has emerged as a very good 2C. He leads the Sabres in even strength points with 38 (same amount as Kadri). Just about zero chance Buffalo moves Cozens and Mittelstadt for that Flames package.

That has nothing to do with why we should avoid him.

The Flames are looking like at best they are 3-5 years, likely 5-7 years away from contending.

Mittelstadt at 25 means that he would be 29 at best when we are ready to contend, not the end of the world but you are wasting 3 years of his prime.

Beyond that is an American going to be happy with 3-5 years of non-play-off hockey in Canada? How long until we are facing similar situations to Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Hanifin?

This has nothing to do with his on ice play and everything to do with his age, nationality and especially where the Flames are as a team.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I don't usually start threads in here but I suggested this in a couple threads and there has been a wide variety of responses from Sabres fans ranging from Yes, to No, to they'd think about it, to they don't know if the Sabres would deal 2 centers in the same trade, so it should be for Owen Powers. So I thought I would open it up to the masses.

:sabres:flames
D - Rasmus AnderssonC - Dylan Cozens
C - Peyton Krebs
D - Jacob Bryson
Cozens given age term position Is worth more than Andersson. This would be more like a 7 piece trade.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Cozens given age term position Is worth more than Andersson. This would be more like a 7 piece trade.
Andersson provides an extremely rare tool set at RD, so I'm not sure that the positional value is much different.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
That’s horrible for Buffalo , Cozens is struggling yes but he’s only 22 and will definitely rebound , the entire roster is struggling except Peterka and UPL.

No way Buffalo gives up on Cozens at 22 years of age

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
likely 5-7 years away from contending..

1708461896171.png

Reactions: Dirty Dog

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Hey BUF fans, if you're really willing to just throw away talented U23 players, we'll gladly give you Ghost for Cozens straight up. Y'all don't even need to add all the other stuff that's in this abomination!

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Andersson would be a great fit for Buffalo
Cozens would be a great fit for Calgary, he'd become a fan favourite there

I just doubt Buffalo want to give up Cozens for a guy that could only stay 2 years.

Fair sort of value though (edit - I mean 1 for 1 would be fair sort of value)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That has nothing to do with why we should avoid him.

The Flames are looking like at best they are 3-5 years, likely 5-7 years away from contending.

Mittelstadt at 25 means that he would be 29 at best when we are ready to contend, not the end of the world but you are wasting 3 years of his prime.

Beyond that is an American going to be happy with 3-5 years of non-play-off hockey in Canada? How long until we are facing similar situations to Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Hanifin?

This has nothing to do with his on ice play and everything to do with his age, nationality and especially where the Flames are as a team.
If 25 is too old for you then I have sincere concerns. Younger than that chances are pretty good that you have no idea what that player is, or the player is going to be absolutely unobtainable.

Mittelstadt has never made the playoffs, to date. Calgary, for better or worse, always manages to stay in the hunt even when they should be rebuilding.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Cozens for Andersson is a pretty fair deal IMO. Don’t need to complicate much with extra players.

It makes sense for both teams I think, Calgary gets a young center to build around and Buffalo has long been searching for a top pair RHD. Buffalo is also pretty solid from a center position with Tage and Mittlestadt and solid prospects in the org pipeline. Losing Cozens would sting but they still have good organizational depth there

Only issue is this opens a hole in the right side for Calgary on D. Might be worth it though to get a young top 6 center

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad