Proposal: [CGY/BUF] Andersson for Cozens+

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
This is buffalo... but on topic of the trade proposal reams usually make trades based on their current phase contender, rebuilding, retooling etc... so if Calgary trades Andersson it would signal a rebuild, Andersson+Coleman for unprotected 24 1st, joki, Krebs, Rosen and 25 2nd
Cozens I get is an ideal target but is signed already for 7 mil not bad still expensive while the flames have to ride out the huby contract until they can buyout. Krebs is currently a bottom 6c heart and soul guy who is still young but has a more to give and a more clear path to a top six position with less logjam either way still a useful player. Rosen has top 6 potential speed and skill I think he settles into mid 6 40 point wing good on both sides of the puck. Joker to fill in at rhd although not as good as Andersson he has reverted back to more decent play this year solid top 4 and younger could fit in well with your timeline and the 1st this year which currently is a top ten pick and it's unprotected so you have another shot at celebrini to me that's a fair hockey trade and just because buffalo has better prospects doesn't diminish the value of our other ones, for example we didn't get kyrou or Thomas from st.louis when they were higher on the depth chart even though Thompson was a good prospect he was a gamble and it turned out nice for both teams.
ROR also had 4 yrs left, not 2 yrs.

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009
Some of the takes on here are quite funny. I like Seider and he’s going to be a great player, but Andersson being compared to Ghost is pathetic.

Reactions: freester

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
True which is why I'm baffled why we have to always offer up either mitts, cozens, kulich and savoie
Uh because Andersson isn't available while Pegula was desperate to trade O'Reilly before his signing bonus was due.

This notion of offering quote unquote fair value aka the spare change found in the Sabres couch cushions doesn't move the needle in the slightest in terms of convincing the Flames to part with their best defenseman and likely future captain.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Uh because Andersson isn't available while Pegula was desperate to trade O'Reilly before his signing bonus was due.

This notion of offering quote unquote fair value aka the spare change found in the Sabres couch cushions doesn't move the needle in the slightest in terms of convincing the Flames to part with their best defenseman and likely future captain.
If he decides to sign in 2 years and a 1st Rosen and Joker aren't spare change

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
More than Andersson, who isn't Top 30. :thumbu:
Oof. I mean he scores on average 16th in the NHL over the past 4 years. His defensive analytics on average over the past 4 years place him 9th. His offensive analytics place him 24th. All of this on a bad team for 3 of those 4 years. You keep stacking up poor takes. He's at worst the 24th best defenseman in the league based on any number you look at. He's also competitive and difficult to play against. He's unquestionably a top 10 RHD. How is that second pairing?

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
If he decides to sign in 2 years and a 1st Rosen and Joker aren't spare change
Sure it is. Moreover, it's essentially the price of a rental Andersson, not an Andersson signed for another 2 years. That's a player that's easily worth a blue chip piece and more. Too much for the Sabres? That's fine. The Flames don't want to move Andersson anyway and no doubt the Sabres can easily get another top pairing RHS defenceman on a bargain of a contract for that "package".

If the Sabres have concerns about being to re-sign Andersson in 2 years, that's purely a Buffalo problem and not at all a reason why the Flames would take less then full value and then some for a player they by all accounts have absolutely zero motivation to move at the moment.

Reactions: Faceboner

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Personal preference but I I wouldn’t go for Cozens. I think Andersson could fetch much more elsewhere if he was ever on the market. Cozens needs to really improve for me to consider him a guy to go for.

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Personal preference but I I wouldn’t go for Cozens. I think Andersson could fetch much more elsewhere if he was ever on the market. Cozens needs to really improve for me to consider him a guy to go for.
I mean it depends on what you think he is. The guy from 22/23 is very different from the guy from 23/24. I think you keep Rasmus full stop until you know what he wants to do at the end of the contract. If you know he wants to move on then you move him. If you know he wants to stay then you keep him. Our top 4 next year won't be as bad as people think. We have 3 legit top 4 guys and one guy who makes a good partner to Kylington, but is a bottom pairing guy. Our bottom pairing is a trainwreck next year unless we do something in free agency. Gilbert has to be your #7, not your #5. Oesterle needs to be gone.

Reactions: CraigsList

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Sure it is. Moreover, it's essentially the price of a rental Andersson, not an Andersson signed for another 2 years. That's a player that's easily worth a blue chip piece and more. Too much for the Sabres? That's fine. The Flames don't want to move Andersson anyway and no doubt the Sabres can easily get another top pairing RHS defenceman on a bargain of a contract for that "package".

If the Sabres have concerns about being to re-sign Andersson in 2 years, that's purely a Buffalo problem and not at all a reason why the Flames would take less then full value and then some for a player they by all accounts have absolutely zero motivation to move at the moment.
Fair point and Andersson does alot more than we'd use him for so spending that much on asset you won't get full value out of him due to dahlin and power being the pp options

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Fair point and Andersson does alot more than we'd use him for so spending that much on asset you won't get full value out of him due to dahlin and power being the pp options
Is Power really a PP option? I'd certainly play Andersson there ahead of him.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Sabres are in the market for a "stay at home" 2-4 RHD and a new coaching staff. I'm probably not trading Mittlestadt or Cozens for that.

Reactions: Chainshot

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Yeah, if Andersson's not on the top pairing or powerplay, it doesn't make sense to spend top assets on him. In that case, the Sabres are probably better saving their assets more critical areas and instead, try luring a Tanev/Cole/Pesce/Roy/Edmundson/Brodie/DeMelo/Carrier type in free agency.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Sabres are in the market for a "stay at home" 2-4 RHD and a new coaching staff. I'm probably not trading Mittlestadt or Cozens for that.
It would be hard to make a case from a pure value perspective that you shouldn't trade Mittelstadt for Andersson. In fact an NHL GM should immediately be removed from his position if he wouldn't do that. I'm not saying Mittelstadt sucks. I'm just saying a one dimensional 2nd line center isn't worth an all situations top pairing RHD.

No you wouldn't play Power ahead of Andersson on the PP or no Power isn't a PP option?

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
It would be hard to make a case from a pure value perspective that you shouldn't trade Mittelstadt for Andersson. In fact an NHL GM should immediately be removed from his position if he wouldn't do that. I'm not saying Mittelstadt sucks. I'm just saying a one dimensional 2nd line center isn't worth an all situations top pairing RHD.

No you wouldn't play Power ahead of Andersson on the PP or no Power isn't a PP option?
I wouldn't call Mittelstadt one dimensional. He's developed into a pretty good two way player. That said I'd absolutely move him for Andersson.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016

I would rate them equally as PP options but Dahlin eats up most of that duty. Neither is better than Dahlin on the PP. so the value of either as a PP qb is somewhat irrelevant. In a pinch I would trust Andersson more.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Is Power really a PP option? I'd certainly play Andersson there ahead of him.
While Andersson is better right now and power struggled a bit but his bread and butter is being a good puck mover and excellent transition ability and is still a young improving player who needs time on the pp might not always get the points but he is very good at driving offense from the back end

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I mean it depends on what you think he is. The guy from 22/23 is very different from the guy from 23/24.
The Cozens from 22/23 is just about back, except when it comes to producing.....that said, EVERYONE in Buffalo is producing way less than last year (thank you, abysmal PP).

I personally would play Power ahead of Andersson on the PP unless it's a super late PP and we're holding a 1-2 goal lead, then I'd put Andersson there. IMO, there really isn't PP time available for Andersson here in Buffalo unless Dalhin or Power get hurt...............and even still, Dahlin regularly takes some of Power's PP minutes.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Is it outrageous to say power will turn out similar to hanifin? Guy with fantastic skating and good but not great at everything else, No physicality whatsoever. Gonna be a solid top pair guy, but wont be a #1

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Is it outrageous to say power will turn out similar to hanifin? Guy with fantastic skating and good but not great at everything else, No physicality whatsoever. Gonna be a solid top pair guy, but wont be a #1
I guess it depends what you think Hanifin is. I see him as a shutdown guy that can produce at a #2 defenseman level. He can play any amount of minutes you need him to. Power has a long way to go before he's Hanifin. Of course so did Hanifin at his age. The problem with Power is they are already paying him like he's Hanifin now.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I guess it depends what you think Hanifin is. I see him as a shutdown guy that can produce at a #2 defenseman level. He can play any amount of minutes you need him to. Power has a long way to go before he's Hanifin. Of course so did Hanifin at his age. The problem with Power is they are already paying him like he's Hanifin now.
Exactly, thats the thing right, if powers projects to be a #2 like hanifin i dont see how he can be worth hes contract. I have to think hard about hanifin at 8, and powers already making more than that. So I'm thinking i might be underestimating powers and he does have 1D potential or else i dont see how you can justify hes contract.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Exactly, thats the thing right, if powers projects to be a #2 like hanifin i dont see how he can be worth hes contract. I have to think hard about hanifin at 8, and powers already making more than that. So I'm thinking i might be underestimating powers and he does have 1D potential or else i dont see how you can justify hes contract.
I think I'd pay Hanifin 8M as a UFA. Just wouldn't want to give up a bunch of assets and then pay 8M.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

I don't think Power will be a top pair at all. I think if all goes well he will be a standard top 4 dman ..

His contract is bad...

This is why I am trying to sell him off for Andersson 😁

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig