Proposal: [CGY/BUF] Andersson for Cozens+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I'd move Andersson, but only if he doesn't want to stay long term after this current deal. I kind of get the feeling he's like Backlund and really likes the city. If that's the case I'm not trading him. You can find offensive defensemen and you can find defensive defensemen in every free agency class. It's very hard to find RH two-way guys like Andersson. He's not a true number 1, but he's a good top pairing guy who plays all situations. I also would want a guy coming back who has a good chance of being a top 2 center in addition to a 1st and another prospect.

Kadri is outproducing Mittelstadt and Backlund is a better C than Kadri. Mittelstadt would be our 3rd best center and second best offensive center. The issue is we only have 2 NHL centers. They are both good players though.

Mangiapane is a very good 2 way winger, albeit overpaid. I get you're a troll, but you should try harder to make realistic troll attempts instead of comparing Mittelstadt to the best power forward in the league for over a decade.
Backlund is great in his own end for sure but but Mitts is literally outproducing Tage thompson

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Don't really mind the idea of it but personally would rather just hang on to Ras. Seems like a real important part of the locker room and a guy committed to the organization.

Cozens is decent and will likely get better but I just don't see great 1C potential there. More like prime Jeff Carter if he can hit his ceiling. I mean Andersson has only three less pts as a dman this year and Cozens makes almost 3 million more than him. The + would have to be pretty interesting because there's not a lot at RD in the prospect pool at all.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Backlund is great in his own end for sure but but Mitts is literally outproducing Tage thompson
So is Kadri. Thompson is having a terrible season. Mittelstadt is a decent 2nd line center. He plays pretty easy minutes with heavy O Zone deployment. He'd be the Flames 3rd best C right now. I'd have interest of course because we only have 2 NHL centers. Backlund is a matchup beast. Kadri can play secondary defensive match ups and Mittelstadt could play the soft minutes like he does now.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
If Buffalo prefers Weegar over Andersson I'm OK with that conversation.

Some comments make it sound like it might be a better fit.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I don't usually start threads in here but I suggested this in a couple threads and there has been a wide variety of responses from Sabres fans ranging from Yes, to No, to they'd think about it, to they don't know if the Sabres would deal 2 centers in the same trade, so it should be for Owen Powers. So I thought I would open it up to the masses.

:sabres:flames
D - Rasmus AnderssonC - Dylan Cozens
C - Peyton Krebs
D - Jacob Bryson
Two years of a D that will leave afterward for a signed top 6 center for 6 years? On a team that isn't a contender? No Thanks

Sabres do NOT need D. Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson, Ryan Johnson. Clifton, Joker. The need is consistent detail oriented forwards who play solid defense, go to the net, and don't dangle into 5 players.

It is a down year for Cozens but his identity as a whole is what we want MORE of.

Power is untouchable. 100% untouchable there is no point in asking.

Don't really mind the idea of it but personally would rather just hang on to Ras. Seems like a real important part of the locker room and a guy committed to the organization.

Cozens is decent and will likely get better but I just don't see great 1C potential there. More like prime Jeff Carter if he can hit his ceiling. I mean Andersson has only three less pts as a dman this year and Cozens makes almost 3 million more than him. The + would have to be pretty interesting because there's not a lot at RD in the prospect pool at all.
Why would anyone trade that away?

Reactions: Chainshot

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
That’s horrible for Buffalo , Cozens is struggling yes but he’s only 22 and will definitely rebound , the entire roster is struggling except Peterka and UPL.

No way Buffalo gives up on Cozens at 22 years of age
I can't say I watch the Sabres a ton though I did watch a couple of games recently and I thought he looked alright.

As far as production goes, there are a lot of guys who wouldn't mind 'struggling' as much as he has this season. After putting up only 11 points in his first 23 games, he's put up 22 in his last 29 games and that's good for a 60+ point pace.

Personally, I think Cozens is worth more than Andersson.

Reactions: Groo

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
To make their team better? Do this wacky thing teams try to do sometimes called making the playoffs?

Prime Carter was traded twice.

There were "reasons" for that

And even with those "reason" he still fetched a top 10 pick, and a recent top 10 pick. Far beyond Andersson's value.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
To make their team better? Do this wacky thing teams try to do sometimes called making the playoffs?

Prime Carter was traded twice.
Let me trade a core player I just resigned on a down year for less value than he is worth for a 2 year rental. My team will score less goals now no thanks.

Reactions: Chainshot

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I get not wanting to do the trade if you like Cozens, perfectly reasonable. I think the idea from the Buffalo side is to shake up the core since they can’t seem to figure it out

Calling a player signed for 2.5 years a rental is dumb. You realize you can re-sign him right?

Reactions: pman25 and Fig

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
And even with those "reason" he still fetched a top 10 pick, and a recent top 10 pick. Far beyond Andersson's value.

According to whom?

No reason at all for Calgary to even entertain an offer if that type of value isn't being discussed. He's easily worth that.

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
There were "reasons" for that

LOL that's funny. A top pairing 27 year old rhs on a steal of a cap hit; yeah he's totally not worth much at all.

Seriously, the Sabres unquestionably need a defenseman but it needs to be a quality vet, ideally someone with cup experience. And by quality I mean top four or better, not bottom pairing or worse like Erik Johnson. That's basically what the Oilers did by bringing in Ference and surprise surprise, it didn't work. They need someone like Parayko or Pietrangelo, but actually available.

Or I dunno, the Sabres can keep chasing the shiny new toy and miss the playoffs for another 10 years.

Let me trade a core player I just resigned on a down year for less value than he is worth for a 2 year rental. My team will score less goals now no thanks.

2 year rental? lol wow

Apparently words don't mean anything anymore.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
LOL that's funny. A top pairing 27 year old rhs on a steal of a cap hit; yeah he's totally not worth much at all.

Seriously, the Sabres unquestionably need a defenseman but it needs to be a quality vet, ideally someone with cup experience. And by quality I mean top four or better, not bottom pairing or worse like Erik Johnson. That's basically what the Oilers did by bringing in Ference and surprise surprise, it didn't work. They need someone like Parayko or Pietrangelo, but actually available.

Or I dunno, the Sabres can keep chasing the shiny new toy and miss the playoffs for another 10 years.

2 year rental? lol wow

Apparently words don't mean anything anymore.

You think two years of Andersson is worth two top 10 draft picks? You're out to lunch. He's worth a lot sure, but not that.

He's signed for two years. He's a good player but he's not worth two top 10 draft picks.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Cozens is so intriguing. Is he this year's version moving forward at a 7M+ cap hit or is he last year's emerging #1 C signed long term? My guess is the truth is in the middle.

I don't think Cozens has to be involved in a deal for Andersson. I actually think either of Andersson or Coleman would be good additions for Buffalo. They need some 2 way starch in that lineup and can't possibly use all of the incredible amount of young talent they have without another 3-5 years in purgatory. Ostlund is interesting to me. Admittedly I only saw him in the WJHC, but he was impressive both years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad