Proposal: [CGY/BUF] Andersson for Cozens+

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
How did you come to the that conclusion. Mind boggling. Re-read what he said, and then re-read it one more time for good measure. At no point in his post did he compare them, much less even mention his name.
Did you read post 46 in the thread?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Buffalo is willing to trade top prospects for RA. I don’t see them trading Cozens. Sabres need to win now. Mitts is unsigned long term so that is not appealing to Calgary. Calgary is rebuilding so top prospects are appealing.

Savoie and Rozen for RA.

Those are 2 top prospects who are ready for NHL next year. Buffalo could even add a 3rd lesser piece.
Not even close.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Buffalo is willing to trade top prospects for RA. I don’t see them trading Cozens. Sabres need to win now. Mitts is unsigned long term so that is not appealing to Calgary. Calgary is rebuilding so top prospects are appealing.

Savoie and Rozen for RA.

Those are 2 top prospects who are ready for NHL next year. Buffalo could even add a 3rd lesser piece.

Rosen. There is no Z.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I think it’s very close. 2 recent high 1st round picks that have developed well. What picks and prospects of the Sabres do you think is close? Remember RA is only signed for 2 more years.

Yeah and if he doesn’t want to re-sign in Buffalo you can flip him 2 years from now for a 1st + prospect which is pretty close to the value that you’re offering here

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Yeah and if he doesn’t want to re-sign in Buffalo you can flip him 2 years from now for a 1st + prospect which is pretty close to the value that you’re offering here
That's not close in value at all. I'd imagine you'd get the standard rental package of a late 1st and some sort of prospect. If that prospect is as good as Rosen I'd consider that a win. Nothing in that package comes anywhere near a top 10 pick who's tracking very well since he was drafted. In order to get a piece like that Calgary is going to have to sell Andersson with some term on his deal.

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
That's not close in value at all. I'd imagine you'd get the standard rental package of a late 1st and some sort of prospect. If that prospect is as good as Rosen I'd consider that a win. Nothing in that package comes anywhere near a top 10 pick who's tracking very well since he was drafted. In order to get a piece like that Calgary is going to have to sell Andersson with some term on his deal.

Savoie is a nice piece. Rosen is like your 6-7th best prospect, the kind of guy that goes with the late first for a rental

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
My offer of Savoie and Rozen is a stronger offer than Kulich and. 1st round pick.

It's really not. Savoie and Kulich are basically a wash. Kulich could very well turn out to be a legit top-6 scoring winger who provides value on the PP.......but not a whole lot more. Savoie seems to be profiling towards a speedy middle-six winger who flies around the ice as a puckhound, is defensively responsible....but there are legit questions as to how high his offensive ceiling is.

It's comparing Rosen (spelled with an S, not a Z) to a 2024 1st where these offers drastically differ. I don't think you'd find a single GM (real or imagined) that would take Rosen over a 2024 1st UNLESS a specific set of circumstances are met: that GM would need to prioritize getting Rosen in the NHL in 24/25 and be OK with him likely being a middle 6 winger who is speedy, can shoot and at least tries in his own end and might provide some value on a 2nd PP unit.

EITHER WAY......Savoie + Rosen OR Kulich + 2024 1st isn't likely enough to land Andersson from the Flames. Andersson is a legit top 4 RHD on a steal of a deal for the next 2 years.........and no one is trading for Andersson as a "2-year rental". Any team trading for Andersson is likely extending him as soon as they're capable. The question then becomes -- what else needs to be added to Savoie + Rosen or Kulich and a 1st to ensure that Buffalo gets Andersson ASAP.

The thing is -- Calgary likely wants a young center. Buffalo doesn't really have one outside of Ostlund that's likely available. Tage and Cozens aren't likely available for Andersson. Mitts MIGHT be. So any team that can offer Calgary a high-upside center probably gets the edge.

Reactions: Some Other Flame

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
A pick at 9 and 14 OA vs a pick 25-32 and a secondary p rut prospect ( not top one like what Savoie is). Those are not close.

Look at what was given up for chychrun...a mid 1st and 2 2nds. Savoir and Rosen are well as above that.

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
A pick at 9 and 14 OA vs a pick 25-32 and a secondary p rut prospect ( not top one like what Savoie is). Those are not close.

Look at what was given up for chychrun...a mid 1st and 2 2nds. Savoir and Rosen are well as above that.

Yeah what I’m saying is the difference between a say 25 OA and Savoie is not enough for me to give up the extra 2 years of Andersson with his cap hit. I consider Rosen to be equivalent to the type of prospect he’d get with the late first as a rental

I think a lot of teams would beat that offer of Savoie + Rosen if Andersson were on the market, and I don’t think he is short of an overpay

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Savoie is a nice piece. Rosen is like your 6-7th best prospect, the kind of guy that goes with the late first for a rental
I generally agree, the only caveat being that Buffalo's 6th or 7th best prospect is better than a lot of other teams 6th or 7th best prospect (even if he never lives up to the hype of being a 14th overall pick). He could absolutely move though, as Buffalo is bursting at the seams with forward prospects.

Reactions: crackdown44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad