Confirmed Trade: [CGY/BOS] Dan Vladar for 2022 3rd round pick

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
The flames have one of the worst goalie development systems and track records in the league. Probably the worst imo. They haven’t developed a goalie since like Trevor Kidd and have had a plethora of good G prospects like Parsons and Gillies fall by the wayside. They get a great G prospect that is pretty much developed who they can’t ruin, for a 3rd pick, steal of a deal for them. What blows my mind is that the Avs and especially the Oilers didn’t pay more than this for Vladar, huge miss by those 2 teams.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
The flames have one of the worst goalie development systems and track records in the league. Probably the worst imo. They haven’t developed a goalie since like Trevor Kidd and have had a plethora of good G prospects like Parsons and Gillies fall by the wayside. They get a great G prospect that is pretty much developed who they can’t ruin, for a 3rd pick, steal of a deal for them. What blows my mind is that the Avs and especially the Oilers didn’t pay more than this for Vladar, huge miss by those 2 teams.

They've had minor successes. Brossoit was mostly developed by them and he's a decent backup. McElhinney was a good backup for a long time. Some of their high goalie picks have wound up with major injuries (Krahn), which have pretty much killed their careers. Others I think were just bad picks (Irving, Mcdonald). But overall their record has been pretty abyssmal. I had high hopes for Parsons, but it's been one injury after anther with him.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Tough to say who developed Brossoit, he played in the sun and then only 5 games ever for the flames affiliates. Agreed on all their injuries but when you aren’t able to develop a goalie for 2 decades there’s gotta be something more to it.
They've had minor successes. Brossoit was mostly developed by them and he's a decent backup. McElhinney was a good backup for a long time. Some of their high goalie picks have wound up with major injuries (Krahn), which have pretty much killed their careers. Others I think were just bad picks (Irving, Mcdonald). But overall their record has been pretty abyssmal. I had high hopes for Parsons, but it's been one injury after anther with him.

Reactions: 23Monahan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad