GDT: Cgy @ Ana

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCDiesel

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
I don't know about that. At least I didn't see...

51257.jpg

Hahaha so true!

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'd rather silf plays on the second line than maroon. One of them at least forechecks and plays defense.

DaDucks*

I thought Ritchie looked really bad tonight. I'd send him down immediately when Thompson gets back

Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry
Maroon-Kesler-Santorelli
Hags-Horcoff-Cogs
Silfverberg-Thompson-Stewart

I'd try that out for a couple games. Silfverberg is an ineffective floating plug that needs to have his minutes cut right now

Some perspective on how bad Silf has been this year - Dude is averaging 17:30 TOI per game. He has 1 empty net goal and 4 points in 22 games. He's also a -8

No team can afford to play a player that much to not score.

The only forwards that get on the ice more than Silfverberg are Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler.

You can't say someone looks really bad, then put Maroon in a projected top 6 like that.

manspaceman

Jan 16, 2014
Sami has definitely been the second best, but no, he's not close. His offensive flare just gets him more hype. Fowler has clearly been better, and I don't think its close at all. That said, I think Vatanen has improved compared to last year, and he's playing well, but Fowler is playing at a much higher level.
You're deciphering the stats all wrong: -10 is actually worse than +2. I agree on the note that the other is playing on a much higher level, contributing on both offensive and defensive play.

Great win, and Rakell should have a spot on first line.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I thought Ritchie looked really bad tonight. I'd send him down immediately when Thompson gets back

I noticed this as well. For being such a big, strong kid, there were numerous times where he was simply soft on the puck, or would get spun around along the boards. Not sure he won a board battle all night.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Maroon will turn it around. He needs better linemates and easier zone starts (Horcoff's line can take the tough minutes)

Silf on the other hand has played with the teams 2nd best center the entire year and done nothing with it

Realistically neither of them (and Ritchie) should be playing in a good teams top 6. But that's on Murray, not Boudreau

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing what Sekac can do with Kesler and Santorelli at some point when he gets back.

Real shame we traded Palmieri

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Trade Getzlaf. Rebuild. Diminishing skills, balding, not the right guy to get over the hump.

el2ik

Apr 13, 2006
Wow on the main boards someone posted the entire Ducks top line had a 90+% CF. That's pretty crazy.

Bruce I know you will want to blow that line up just cuz, but please don't.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Something else I noticed was how unimpressive Dougie Hamilton was. I thought he would do well in CGY but he did not look like anything special.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
silf is one of the ducks best defensive forwards. he does not need his minutes cut

It doesn't matter how good he is defensively if he can't score. He's not a Selke level player that controls the game with his defense either. You cannot waste almost 18 minutes a game on a guy who hasn't scored on a goalie all year. At a certain point you have to demote him and give someone else a crack to try and do more than he has

I don't know if Torres really screwed him up bad or if he's just not clicking but it doesn't really matter. They don't have time to let him play himself out of this slump in such a big role

Maybe he's just never going to be a top 6 player in this league. I don't know, he's 25 so he's not exactly young. Outside of last years playoffs he's never really shown top 6 offensive production at the NHL level anyway

Last edited:

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Sami has definitely been the second best, but no, he's not close. His offensive flare just gets him more hype. Fowler has clearly been better, and I don't think its close at all. That said, I think Vatanen has improved compared to last year, and he's playing well, but Fowler is playing at a much higher level.

That's cool, I think he has been close

Thompson/Sekac/Depres will help a lot when they get back.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
It doesn't matter how good he is defensively if he can't score. He's not a Selke level player that controls the game with his defense either. You cannot waste almost 18 minutes a game on a guy who hasn't scored on a goalie all year.. At a certain point you have to demote him and give someone else a crack to try and do more than he has

I don't know if Torres really screwed him up bad or if he's just not clicking but it doesn't really matter. They don't have time to let him play himself out of this slump in such a big role

Maybe he's just never going to be a top 6 player in this league. I don't know, he's 25 so he's not exactly young. Outside of last years playoffs he's never really shown top 6 offensive production at the NHL level anyway

Don't watch shootouts? :sarcasm:

mytduxfan*

silf is one of the ducks best defensive forwards. he does not need his minutes cut

He does, but we have no one else to replace him in the top 6 except more plugs.

Hamilton has always been overrated.

Agreed. However, Gio has been terrible all year. Clearly suffering side effects after his surgery. I think that's bringing the whole team down. CGY shouldn't be competing with EDM for last place with the roster they have.

Fowler>>>Vatman>>Lindholm>Manson>Stoner=Bieksa.

Agreed, but only because Lindholm is play with Bieksa. Would rather play Stoner over Bieksa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad