GDT: Cgy @ Ana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Sami looks like Steve Irwin after a 3-week bender.

la-sh-crocodile-hunter-steve-irwins-last-words-im-dying-20140310

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Goaltending was bad. Dobby was awful and Gibson wasn't very good. Poor positioning and gave up rebounds that Calgary didn't finish.

We were easily the better team. This shouldn't have been close.

Bieksa blows badly. Like I've been saying all season, Fowler is the best defenseman on this team, and it isn't close.

Silfververg is probably the worst player we have in the offensive zone. Amazing how bad he is offensively. I'd like to see Kesler between Hags and Cogs. I think he could finish some of those chances Horcoff is blowing.

Man wtf happened to Maroon?

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Hope they can bring a performance like that more consistently from now on. I'm just glad they pulled Doby before it was too late. Those rebounds were pretty Goddamn awful.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Goaltending was bad. Dobby was awful and Gibson wasn't very good. Poor positioning and gave up rebounds that Calgary didn't finish.
We were easily the better team. This shouldn't have been close.

Bieksa blows badly. Like I've been saying all season, Fowler is the best defenseman on this team, and it isn't close.

Silfververg is probably the worst player we have in the offensive zone. Amazing how bad he is offensively. I'd like to see Kesler between Hags and Cogs. I think he could finish some of those chances Horcoff is blowing.

Man wtf happened to Maroon?

Sami has been close to fowler

el2ik

Apr 13, 2006
Rakell should be stapled to the top line, I don't care if he's not playing center on a 3rd line. Top line has been looking the best it has in a long time as a whole.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
When Thomson comes back a 4th line of he between Maroon and Stewart may do pretty well considering Matoon and he were good with Jackman last year.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Rakell is the most skilled forward to come through the Ducks system since Bobby Ryan

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Sami has been close to fowler

Sami has definitely been the second best, but no, he's not close. His offensive flare just gets him more hype. Fowler has clearly been better, and I don't think its close at all. That said, I think Vatanen has improved compared to last year, and he's playing well, but Fowler is playing at a much higher level.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Rakell should be stapled to the top line, I don't care if he's not playing center on a 3rd line. Top line has been looking the best it has in a long time as a whole.

Rakell is the most skilled forward to come through the Ducks system since Bobby Ryan

Yeah, on that top line he looks really good and seems to get the most out of the other two. If it's possible for one line to save the season, that's the one with the chance.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

Not only did he show off his skills tonight, but he was working harder than I've ever seen him work. He was using his body extremely well and did not give up on a single puck, very impressive game from him.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Just realized that we have a RPG line again. :laugh: They were great tonight. Personally I thought Rakell deserved the first star, he was all over the place the entire night.

Cogs-Horcoff-Hags did great work on the Gaudreau line all night and really took away his time and space.

Goaltending was shaky, every shot had me holding my breath with the amount of juicy rebounds that were being let up.

But hey, we won.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Just realized that we have a RPG line again. :laugh: They were great tonight. Personally I thought Rakell deserved the first star, he was all over the place the entire night.

Cogs-Horcoff-Hags did great work on the Gaudreau line all night and really took away his time and space.

Goaltending was shaky, every shot had me holding my breath with the amount of juicy rebounds that were being let up.

But hey, we won.

Even if Ritchie steps to that line it still will be :laugh:

DaDucks*

Hats off to Sami and Stoner for being +'s on a team that struggles to score. Absolutely amazing.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I thought Ritchie looked really bad tonight. I'd send him down immediately when Thompson gets back

Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry
Maroon-Kesler-Santorelli
Hags-Horcoff-Cogs
Silfverberg-Thompson-Stewart

I'd try that out for a couple games. Silfverberg is an ineffective floating plug that needs to have his minutes cut right now

Some perspective on how bad Silf has been this year - Dude is averaging 17:30 TOI per game. He has 1 empty net goal and 4 points in 22 games. He's also a -8

No team can afford to play a player that much to not score.

The only forwards that get on the ice more than Silfverberg are Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad