OT: CFL thread - Toronto v. Hamilton, East Final.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I was at the game and they played well for the first quarter and the first half of the second quarter and that was it.

At one point in the third quarter they had a total of 3 rushing yards. I guess the injury to Kackert screwed them up more than you would have expected. Normally, they could have run the ball a lot with a lead like that in order to run down the clock but they just couldn't do that today. Not being able to eat up time allowed Hamilton to get back into the game. And not having a running game prevented them from balancing out their attack as they normally would.

I also think the time off hurt them - a meaningless game the last week of the season and then a bye week for the first round of the playoffs.

I don't dislike any team in the CFL with the exception of Hamilton. I really can't stand them and it sucked to lose to them but they deserve credit for coming back as a lesser team might have rolled over and played dead when the Argos built that early lead.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Was at the game. What a disappointment it turned out to be. Absolutely nothing going in the second half. Our D couldn't stop Hamilton worth a damn, and when Ray did get the ball he couldn't do anything with it. Penalties cost us a few times as well.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Watched parts of the game... turned it off when late in the 4th they accepted the penalty instead of letting it go to 3rd down and Hamilton got the 1st down because of it. So stupid.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Dont understand what Ray was doing in those last 90 seconds.... He had the time, why go for the touchdown, using the same play 3 times, when he could have went 10 yards at a time and simultaneously kill the clock?

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Watched parts of the game... turned it off when late in the 4th they accepted the penalty instead of letting it go to 3rd down and Hamilton got the 1st down because of it. So stupid.

I remember that play, I also remember how stupid that was. Like, Hamilton has converted on 2nd downs pretty much the whole game. Decline and make them kick it off, they weren't that close to the 1st down anyway if I recall, could've gotten the ball back.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Now that the Argos are out, I hope the Riders win it all on home soil. Their fan base deserves it.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Argonauts Home Opener is Tommorow @ 3 PM

It's the Toronto Argonauts Home Opener versus the defending Grey Cup champion Saskatchewan Roughriders, tomorrow at Rogers Centre @ 3 PM.

I encourage everyone to come down especially if you've never been to an Argonauts game. It's a fun time and an enthusiastic crowd. Probably the loudest crowd in all of Toronto sports.

You can save money by avoiding the Ticketmaster rip off charges and buying your tickets at the Box Office at Rogers Centre (open daily) or by calling the Argonauts directly at 416-341-ARGO (2746)

http://www.argonauts.ca/page/toronto-argonauts-tickets

Hopefully we can get another 30,000+ crowd for tomorrows game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad