OT: CFL thread - Toronto v. Hamilton, East Final.

hockeyfanz*

I'm the furthest you could be from a fan of rap/pop but outside of Lightfoot, that Super Bowl lineup is wayyyyyy better. Carly Rae, Biebs and Mariana's Trench all have some of the most idiotic lyrics.

Whereas PSY's song is a pretty neat satire of life in that one district of Seoul, and even I can appreciate that Beyonce, Jay-Z and Kanye have more artistic talent (not really the type of art I like but oh well) than Carly Rae, Justin Bieber and Mariana's Trench.

You may not enjoy their music, but they are the biggest of the big in the respective genres. They draw crowds and people will tune in.

I am a fan of all music, my playlists are unlike anything you will ever see, completely random hard rock, indie, rap, reggae, pop, hip hop, country etc), with an open mind you can like anything. Sadly very few people are capable of this.

I enjoy all types of music from classic rock to modern pop....I dont care for any of the artists in general at either the Grey Cup Or Superbowl...that is you wont find any or their music in my collection. Point is....you cant deny the stardom status of Justin Bieber, no matter how much you dislike him. To me he is no different than any of those artists at the Superbowl. Its all junk IMO as I am not a boyband fan nor am I a Rap fan. Having said that....I absolutely love NY Empire State of Mind by Alicia Keys and Jay-Z I believe and cant help but tap my foot to some of Carly Rae's or Bieber's hits.

These people are international stars with the exception of Marianna's Trench. Its laughable that so many Canadians always think American crap is superior to Canadian crap. Canadian music has as many if not more huge music industry people per capita than any country in the world.

OH CANADA!

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
I don't know how people can ***** about the CFL getting the biggest names in entertainment to do the half time show. I work with a lady who doesn't give a fiddlers **** about sports but she tuned into see the show.

Bottom line is the CFL put together ANOTHER lineup that the NFL would love to steal for the Superbowl.

Cry all you want but the only singer who has recently had a bigger hit than Beiber and Carly Rae is PSY.

The CFL exposed itself to a different demographic with the show. The half time show is mainly for the TV audience anyway. Most of the fans at the stadium are hitting the can and getting a refill.
They booed though. I agree without you charlio but the fans didn't. They want the CFL to be a old white guys games, those fans that booed. That won't sell out east.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
TORONTO -- The Canadian Football League’s regular season on TSN and RDS continue to grow.

Regular season ratings for the CFL on TSN were up another 4.3 per cent in 2013, with an average of 703,000 Canadian viewers per game, making it the second most-watched season ever. Ratings on TSN and RDS combined were up 3.6 per cent, with an average of 758,000 viewers per game.

“We remain the number one summer sports property in Canada, and second only to hockey overall,†said Mark Cohon, Commissioner of the Canadian Football League.

“At a time when there are more sports than ever before on TV, and more entertainment alternatives than ever before, these high ratings are a testament to the power of the CFL brand and the love Canadians possess for our league.â€

The CFL’s strong ratings performance features large gains in Southern Ontario, where ratings for games involving the Toronto Argonauts were up 26 per cent from last year, and 50 per cent from 2011, and ratings for games involving the Hamilton Tiger-cats were up 14 per cent from 2012, and 27 per cent from 2011.

One of the most watched games of the year featured the Hamilton Tiger-Cats hosting the Toronto Argonauts on Thanksgiving Monday: the television audience approached one million viewers, making it the most watched regular season game in the two teams’ decades-old rivalry.

Ratings for all CFL games are up 18 per cent from last year in Southern Ontario (what the rating agency calls the Toronto Extended Market, which includes Halton, Peel, Metro Toronto, York, Simcoe South, Durahm, Dufferin, Hamilton, Niagara and Haldimand.)

http://www.cfl.ca/article/cfl-on-tsn-and-rds-a-ratings-winner

Ratings on #TSN for @BCLions vs @sskroughriders game - 1,621,000, up 5% from 2012.
Audience peaked late in 4th at 2,441,000 #GCPlayoffs #CFL

Ratings on #TSN & #RDS for @MTLAlouettes vs @Ticats was 1,417,000, up 12.4% from '12.
Audience peaked at 2,256,000 in OT #CFL #GCPlayoffs

https://mobile.twitter.com/CFL_PR/status/400593038952890368

https://mobile.twitter.com/CFL_PR/status/400592995860631552

* It looks like the Argonauts are about to open up the 500 Level for ticket sales for the Eastern Final on Sunday @ 1PM.
:handclap:

Pitt the Elder

Nov 7, 2013
Oakville, ON
Normally I would be confident for this upcoming game, especially because Ray has been so dominant this year, but adding in Kackert being out and the back to back bed-***** at the end of the season I am worried.

Hopefully the defense can take less than 50 penalties.

wulfio*

You may not enjoy their music, but they are the biggest of the big in the respective genres. They draw crowds and people will tune in.

I am a fan of all music, my playlists are unlike anything you will ever see, completely random hard rock, indie, rap, reggae, pop, hip hop, country etc), with an open mind you can like anything. Sadly very few people are capable of this.

There's a difference between musicianship/complex arrangements, with creative writing/interesting story telling(in the case of contemporary music), and formulaic songs that exploit the trends of popular culture, or are completely sampled from previous work.

But I don't see what's sad about appreciating good music, rather than bad music. Or why you look down on anyone for not sharing your views. People are entitled to prefer Britney Spears over Robert Jonhson and vice versa.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Normally I would be confident for this upcoming game, especially because Ray has been so dominant this year, but adding in Kackert being out and the back to back bed-***** at the end of the season I am worried.

Hopefully the defense can take less than 50 penalties.

No kidding! Not just the defense either, the whole team has been terrible at taking penalties this season. A lot of them have been stupid and selfish penalties too.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Stupid decisions/plays all around.

Trying to go for the long bomb too many times. Should['ve just went for quick easy passes to the sidelines at the end.

Ray over throwing everything at the end.

Pshaw. I blame Rob Ford~!

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Damn. Was really hoping that Toronto would win. Sucks that Hamilton took that game. Argos were all over them in the first half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad