ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

what a joke

upload_2022-2-22_9-20-41.png

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010

Aw man

I went to 50%+ home games during the Piatti era (about 5 years) and was almost always with the Ultras. We all know they bring an amazing atmosphere, but being part of that is an even greater experience.

But seeing this group fight their own battle like this, for over a year now, they definitely are dying.

I wish they'd just accept the rebrand and keep their atmosphere at the games.

It's quite boring without them.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
The reality is that they're signing off their own death warrant. There is no Ultras without a club, but IMFC/CFMTL continues to exist without them. They make a big mistake believing that 'fans = Ultras'. Yes they bring a great atmosphere to the stadium, but they're completely delusional by taking this route. Joey might the bigget POS in the world, but they can't exist and not exist at the same time. They don't seem to understand that Joey has got all the power in this.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Aw man

I went to 50%+ home games during the Piatti era (about 5 years) and was almost always with the Ultras. We all know they bring an amazing atmosphere, but being part of that is an even greater experience.

But seeing this group fight their own battle like this, for over a year now, they definitely are dying.

I wish they'd just accept the rebrand and keep their atmosphere at the games.

It's quite boring without them.

100% agree. The Ultras add to the experience.

But I also think they're being so close minded. I know they've been around the team since before the MLS. So I can appreciate them being attached to the Impact.

But right now, the only reason they still exist is to simply make a statement every now and then and complain about the rebrand.

Reactions: willzyix

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
100% agree. The Ultras add to the experience.

But I also think they're being so close minded. I know they've been around the team since before the MLS. So I can appreciate them being attached to the Impact.

But right now, the only reason they still exist is to simply make a statement every now and then and complain about the rebrand.

its old. They should move on if their own brand is more important than their support for soccer in this city.

Find a new team in a shit league to help make the atmosphere fun.

CF Montreal moves on. I guess Joey won this battle.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Wait, the Ultras are quitting because Montreal dropped the Impact name?

WTF is wrong with people? All perspective is lost.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
The ultras think the ultras are the most important people in the world.

No one is forcing them to stay. If they want to leave, leave. Stop complaining on Twitter like children.
Jesus.

I'm in Atlanta and have been some most of the Atlanta United matches, and I love the Ultras, but if they pulled this stunt then adios amigos. Crazy how 'fans' can lose sight of the fact that it's a sport.

Reactions: Ghetto Sangria

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
its old. They should move on if their own brand is more important than their support for soccer in this city.

Find a new team in a shit league to help make the atmosphere fun.

CF Montreal moves on. I guess Joey won this battle.
Does he really win the battle if he ends up selling the team to an owner willing to relocate the team as he threatened to do?

I guess he does win in this scenario as well

Reactions: Ghetto Sangria

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Does he really win the battle if he ends up selling the team to an owner willing to relocate the team as he threatened to do?

I guess he does win in this scenario as well
It’s an empty threat IMO. The investment you need to put into an MLS franchise is not at the level of an NBA team, MLB, etc. If the team gets put up for sale I’m sure there are plenty of people that can and will pay and keep them in the city.

Its still Joeys team and I’m sure he’s still one of biggest fans around. I highly doubt he would ever sell if he knew the team would move as a result.

Reactions: Michelangelo

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
Too much drama off field. I tend to focus on the team. We have interesting players. Although I miss the added element of the Ultras, and I did notice a drop in ambiance last season, I still enjoy going to games with my girlfriend or friends. Nothing beats summer nights at Stade Saputo. I go to games to watch live soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad