OT: CF Montreal thread - Lord Bjorn DP Johnsen edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

We can laugh because we're in 1st place but TFC has an unbelievable number of young up-and-coming Canadian stars. Thompson, Marshall-Rutty, Kerr, Nelson, Priso, Petrasso, Shaffelburg. They just have no room to develop. They're all teenagers. I saw Russel-Rowe for the first time last night. He was impressive. It looks like they made a mistake but with all that Canadian talent, they can afford to make it.

What teenage star has CFM developed? Kone, that's it and if you want to stretch it to the 24 year olds: Choiniere.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We can laugh because we're in 1st place but TFC has an unbelievable number of young up-and-coming Canadian stars. Thompson, Marshall-Rutty, Kerr, Nelson, Priso, Petrasso, Shaffelburg. They just have no room to develop. They're all teenagers. I saw Russel-Rowe for the first time last night. He was impressive. It looks like they made a mistake but with all that Canadian talent, they can afford to make it.

What teenage star has CFM developed? Kone, that's it and if you want to stretch it to the 24 year olds: Choiniere.

It's always fun to make fun of TFC, though.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

A lot of TFC teenagers want out, and they missed out on Johnston, Miller, Kaye, etc. It's a bit odd. I think they have a bigger pool to pick out of than MTL. Hopefully both teams have a lot of homegrown in the next few years. It's only good for the sport locally.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
A lot of TFC teenagers want out, and they missed out on Johnston, Miller, Kaye, etc. It's a bit odd. I think they have a bigger pool to pick out of than MTL. Hopefully both teams have a lot of homegrown in the next few years. It's only good for the sport locally.
That was true until this year. Bradley is using the young Canucks. He starts every game with at least 5 Canadians in the starting 11.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm glad the players are enjoying themselves. This is a playoff team. They are so underappreciated in this city.
If they can get Camacho to pull his head out of his ass, they may be better than a playoff team. They've scored the second-most goals in the MLS but have allowed the fifth-most against. If they can tighten up that back line, they will be a force to deal with. Can you see this team with Toye, Quioto and Mihailovic instead of Lappy and Torres attacking?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Don't forget Akinola, Franklin and Okello. Nelson and JMR are 100% gone after this season. I saw Shaffelburg play in person hes mighty fast, I don't call him the Canadian Oduro for no reason. Needs to work on his final product.

After his injury last season, Priso is slowly emerging as an essential member and will soon become a Nt regular.

Where did you get that from? Never heard anything about teenagers wanting out. Johnston and Miller were in NCAA, they never were in an academy. Kaye probably became the player he is today for going out of his comfort zone because while at TFC, no one knew who he was.

I disagree about Toronto having a bigger pool, they just scout much better or luck or both. Shaffelburg is from NS, they picked him out of nowhere Nova Scotia now years later his current TM value is 2.20 million. Even Laryea was an Orlando reject, now he's in a PL team.

Great game yesterday.

I was looking to book tickets vs Toronto. Wow they have them double normal price lmao.
Imagine when LAFC's in town.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Don't forget Akinola, Franklin and Okello. Nelson and JMR are 100% gone after this season. I saw Shaffelburg play in person hes mighty fast, I don't call him the Canadian Oduro for no reason. Needs to work on his final product.

I disagree about Toronto having a bigger pool, they just scout much better or luck or both. Shaffelburg is from NS, they picked him out of nowhere Nova Scotia now years later his current TM value is 2.20 million. Even Laryea was an Orlando reject, now he's in a PL team.
I was referring only to the teenagers. Akinola is 22, Franklin is an iffy case and Okello I don't think will become anything.

Ontario does have a bigger pool of players probably 5-10 times bigger than Quebec. Just look at the national team. the majority of the players are from Ontario with Brampton the epicenter.

Shaffelburg is from Nova Scotia but he went to Berkshire School in the states where TFC's scouts spotted him.

Reactions: ArtPeur

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I was referring only to the teenagers. Akinola is 22, Franklin is an iffy case and Okello I don't think will become anything.

Ontario does have a bigger pool of players probably 5-10 times bigger than Quebec. Just look at the national team. the majority of the players are from Ontario with Brampton the epicenter.

Shaffelburg is from Nova Scotia but he went to Berkshire School in the states where TFC's scouts spotted him.

Exactly my point

Okello is injury prone and all his coaches favored him a lot and very skillful for someone his height just too timid. Franklin is far from iffy, Akinola is the same age as Shaffelburg that you have listed ? Another player I have been hearing more than once is Priso's younger bro.

Most of these NT players never had any ties with Toronto other than being in the same province they went to Europe/NCAA worked their way up.

So no Toronto doesn't have a bigger talent pool to Mtl. Just an illusion because you see the final outcome and people from Ontario tend to take more risks by relocating somewhere else but it's slowly changing.

Abzi signed for L2 team, Farsi signed for Columbus, Crepeau is worth millions. All from Qc and overlooked by Impact for different reasons. Sean Rea is currently leading in assists in CPL thankfully.

So again, Qc's talent pool has been massive for years and years just no resources for them so they retire early. That's why I have been shitting on the academy for a long time

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

After his injury last season, Priso is slowly emerging as an essential member and will soon become a Nt regular.

Where did you get that from? Never heard anything about teenagers wanting out. Johnston and Miller were in NCAA, they never were in an academy. Kaye probably became the player he is today for going out of his comfort zone because while at TFC, no one knew who he was.

Imagine when LAFC's in town.

Doesn't Marshall-Ruty (sorry if I scrap his name) want out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad