OT: CF Montreal Thread - Civics, welcome to HFCFM Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
This gives me hope that we will turf this logo and return to our roots.

Different league/team, but it took 14 years for the Senators to go back to 2D. Eventually it will turn around.

Reactions: QuebecPride

Krnage

Nov 22, 2010
Quebec
mls power ranking
1621351628-image-2021-05-18-112708.png

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
It’s a weird decision for the official website of the league to antagonize one team.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
The talent is still there, no doubt. But he fell off a cliff. Same for Matuidi, he was getting schooled by Quioto and Hamdi last game. Far from his Équipe de France days.
Matuidi just got called up for France

As for Higuain dude puts on 90 minutes shift weekly and never showed any fatigue sign. The player who don't fit miami is Pizarro. Slowing down the whole team.

According to Radio-Canada, spectators will be allowed in large numbers in outdoor stadiums as of May 21 or 28.

Le déconfinement pourrait commencer vendredi | Coronavirus

Too complicated

They are really doing the whole social distancing with cars ? LMFAAAAAAO

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Matuidi just got called up for France

As for Higuain dude puts on 90 minutes shift weekly and never showed any fatigue sign. The player who don't fit miami is Pizarro. Slowing down the whole team.

It could be that Miami is just a big steamy shitty team. I'm honestly surprised France couldn't find a better defensive midfielder than Matuidi to call-up.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
It could be that Miami is just a big steamy shitty team. I'm honestly surprised France couldn't find a better defensive midfielder than Matuidi to call-up.

Not really surprised, Matuidi is still quality (on paper) and Deschamps seems to like going after players he already knows. After Kante, not sure who are France DMs. But great for MLS in general nonetheless.

Phil Neville just figured out that it's better to play Federico over Rodolfo Pizarro. I'm surprised they 'released' Pellegrini over RP. Now that Neville realized that, I think Miami will be on a roll. Higuain needs to play with a pure #10 because he runs a lot the channels, Pizarro is a more of 'winger playmaker' exactly where Higuain likes to play from. That's why he became a lot less effective since Higuain joined the team.

People love to call Higuain fat but he's probably one of the strikers that run the most in the league:laugh: (when he cares) and he still can play for Argentina. Too bad he retired.

And I'd gladly take Pizarro if Lassi leaves after the EURO.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Wow already, that was fast according to most comments, someone from his family passed. He was making only 81k (based on MLS salaries) which showed he was never after the $

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
I can’t believe how much I still hate that logo

CF Montreal? Ok, I can live with it
Droit>Devant? Sure
Even blacker jersey? It’s plain, but it’s alright

But that logo, ugh… still looks like a police badge or ski station logo. Absolutely nothing Montreal / soccer about it

Reactions: QuebecPride

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

Droit>Devant? Sure

But that logo, ugh… still looks like a police badge or ski station logo. Absolutely nothing Montreal / soccer about it
The good thing is that they change crest almost every year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Droit>Devant? Sure

- The name doesn't bother me at all.

- The black uniforms don't bother me at all either. I do hate the gray ones, particularly with the white shorts & socks. If they had the gray ones with black shorts and socks, I'd feel better watching them play in them.

- The logo.... that doesn't do it for me. I've gotten used to it, but when you refer to something as "getting used to it," then you have your answer on what your true opinion of it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad