OT: CF Montréal (Artists Formerly Known as Impact): Çnow Flake Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL

I like DJ

So Georgie made it to the bench on top of Nancy as manager, ZBG at RB. So proud of Georgie. Georgie was the exact type of 10 we needed.

... Georgie

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I got disinterested from European soccer in general but this idea is not a bad idea if you really think about it. There are only 2 sometimes 3 serious contenders for each big leagues and lets not kid ourselves most of us don’t care to watch Juventus v Hellas Verona. This new league will make everyone competitive from day 1 with better parity sort of like MLS. It will happen because there is way too much money on the line, just a question of when.

I don’t have to watch one Serie A game and I know Juventus or Inter will win it. La Liga its Barca, RM or Atletico but this Super League? No idea who can win. The same people protesting are the ones that will follow this religiously. People are afraid of changes and I do not compare this to imfc because its different.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Fans of the teams in the Super League have come out across Europe protesting this venture. Chelsea looks to be the first team who will withdraw from this.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
For once, money might not win in the end, though I'm not naive enough to think this is all about actually servicing the fans or the good of the sport.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No idea but it's very likely.

Just checked:

Most of them are owned by outsiders, most of them by Americans who own teams in North American leagues like NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLS. So you can see where their desire is to create a closed league where there is no relegation/promotion. Because these are foreign concepts in North American sports.

Some of the teams are owned by locals. And although we know the reason they want to do this is to make more money for themselves, I do ask myself why they would be on board with this since they were raised and grew up with football being the way it is (promotion/relegation, European competitions, and domestic leagues). They HAD to have known this was going to be poorly received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad