Post-Game Talk: Centuries old RZH and the Klim Reaper bring pestilence to the Ducks

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The Oilers starting to just heap in praise from 3rd parties.

Screenshot_20230407-132318.png

"This Oilers team is an absolute wagon, best Oilers team I've seen personally since 1988, maybe even 1987." - THG

Insane to me to see that kind of glowing endorsement of this team from a level headed & unbiased third party that's been a hockey diehard for 40 years. Never thought I'd see that in my lifetime.

Reactions: Oilhawks

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
This is straight up hate-blaming a player for a goal that was not his fault unless you can coherently explain to me why the back ref, whose job it is to follow the play up the ice from a distance, was even there.

FTR, I've been a ref since the 70's so make it good.
An expert I see.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
At least I was good at base running. I could occasionally belt a ball but more often just learned to bunt because that was enough to get me on base and or advance bases because I could steal bases in my sleep. Conversely anywhere in outfield I was a complete disaster. I was Charlie Brown out there. Thing is I had/ likely have ADHD. So baseball never moved fast enough for me. Too much waiting around doing nothing. Feel same about golf.

We could take a discussion to PM. But nothing going on in this thread anyway.
I hear you.
Being a fielder was tough. Short was my favorite spot. Always felt like there was a potential for me to be much more involved. Allowed me to keep my focus.

Last comment for me but stealing bases was the absolute best thing for me playing baseball.
I also liked turning a single into a double by forcing the play. It was amazing how many times that pressure (as a base runner) caused an overthrow or other error.
Thanks for bring up this topic.
Good times. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Drivesaitl

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This is straight up hate-blaming a player for a goal that was not his fault unless you can coherently explain to me why the back ref, whose job it is to follow the play up the ice from a distance, was even there.

FTR, I've been a ref since the 70's so make it good.
OMG, "hate blaming". Lol, how old are you, 10? I pointed out that the guy had a ton of time, knew the ref was where he was and still made a "mistake" by firing a puck his way where the chances of hitting the ref were probably 50/50. I like Kulak, and was only pointing out what I felt was a mistake (which also was pointed out by the writers who do the post game assessment). You turn it into a "hate" crime. Jeezus, some people on here need to take a chill pill.

P.S. By the way, there are some really bad incompetent refs out there who have been reffing a long time.:D;)

Yup, he whiffed on it. Never saw that angle.

Thx.
Yah, but "you've been a ref since the 70"s", so how could you possibly miss that? "You better make it good":laugh:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Couldnt agree more. Burn speed is magic.
We share some similarities. I was one of the fastest runners (sometimes fastest...sometimes 2nd fastest depending on the grade) growing up as well. It made running sports super fun and everybody wanted me on their team. :)

I played fastball at the highest level possible until I was in my late 40's. Was still faster then most of the 20 year olds in the League. I was (and still am) in pretty good shape though.
Like you I was usually pretty good at a sport right out of the gate. Didnt have to practice much at all.
Hitting a baseball was different.
I would go to the batting cages for hours and hours every week just to improve my timing and hitting accuracy. It did help but it was still limited in its effectiveness when it came to hitting a ball thrown by a good pitcher. Some pitchers had so much junk on their pitches and hid their pitches such that I didnt know what was coming and they would make me look absolutely foolish sometimes.
Man I hated that more than anything...lol
I once scored 6 touchdowns in high school football.:D
1680974097499.png

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
OMG, "hate blaming". Lol, how old are you, 10? I pointed out that the guy had a ton of time, knew the ref was where he was and still made a "mistake" by firing a puck his way where the chances of hitting the ref were probably 50/50. I like Kulak, and was only pointing out what I felt was a mistake (which also was pointed out by the writers who do the post game assessment). You turn it into a "hate" crime. Jeezus, some people on here need to take a chill pill.

P.S. By the way, there are some really bad incompetent refs out there who have been reffing a long time.:D;)

Yah, but "you've been a ref since the 70"s", so how could you possibly miss that? "You better make it good":laugh:
A. The ref is in proper position then inexplicably move up ice 20+ feet to be right beside, & even a little bit ahead, where a puck battle is happening. The ref should never have been there & not everybody is a generational player like McDavid & knows where everybody is on the ice at all times. Blaming a player for hitting the ref in that situation is just silly, & yes, I know he didn't hit the ref but it's what he was being blamed for. The fact of the matter is the ref should never have been in that position at that time.

B. I saw a s***ty replay just like you did & I'm old & my eyesight isn't quite what it used to be. & it turned out Kulak did turn over the puck from a decent forecheck & not ref interference like we both thought. I already admitted I was wrong about that part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad