Central

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

I think 3-6 is a crap shoot and they are in there. But I'd pick 5th if I had to lay bets. Why are you asking Blues fans? Seems a strange request, especially when you don't want any reasoning and just a number. Top 2 teams in the division are pretty much universal and of course we will be biased for the Blues. So 4th is about the best you can hope for.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Perron O’Reilly Tarasenko
Schwartz Schenn Fabbri
Steen Bozak Thomas
Maroon Barbashev Soshnikov

Sundqvist

Edmundson Pietrangelo
Dunn Parayko
Bouwmeester Schmaltz

Gunnarsson Bortuzzo

Allen
Johnson

Potential adds: Husso, Kyrou, Blais, Walman, Binnington

Versus

Praise Staal Zucker
Niederreitter Koivu Granlund
Greenway Ek Coyle
Folino Fehr Brown

Hendricks

Suter Spurgeon
Brodin Dumba
Seeler Pateryn

Prosser Olofsson

Dubnyk
Stalock

Possible adds: Kunin, Belpedio, ?

I’d take STL’s roster all day, and that’s factoring in Allen versus Dubnyk

Edit: the bottom half of my post didn’t copy.

I’d also take WPG and NSH over that lineup. Colorado and Dallas are both inferior lineups to Minnesota, and I don’t think much of Chicago. Anything from 4-6 for Minnesota, but I’ll bet 4th.

Last edited:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

I think Winnipeg, Nashville, and St. Louis are all clear steps ahead and I think they’re are more reasons to be optimistic about Colorado and Dallas than Minnesota.

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
giphy.gif

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Too lazy to look but saw a post in main forums with same question. Presumably data mining.

I still don't get what a bunch of random opinions will get him. We should all edit our posts and say "8". This is a discussion forum. Posting "give me a number" on 15 sub-forums and not engaging in any discussion is antithetical to that.

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018
5th... could be as high as 3rd if everything falls into place for them, I think Nash and Winni may have a little fall off.. so they have a chance and if we do not play well...

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Perron O’Reilly Tarasenko
Schwartz Schenn Fabbri
Steen Bozak Thomas
Maroon Barbashev Soshnikov

Sundqvist

Edmundson Pietrangelo
Dunn Parayko
Bouwmeester Schmaltz

Gunnarsson Bortuzzo

Allen
Johnson

Potential adds: Husso, Kyrou, Blais, Walman, Binnington

Versus

Praise Staal Zucker
Niederreitter Koivu Granlund
Greenway Ek Coyle
Folino Fehr Brown

Hendricks

Suter Spurgeon
Brodin Dumba
Seeler Pateryn

Prosser Olofsson

Dubnyk
Stalock

Possible adds: Kunin, Belpedio, ?

I’d take STL’s roster all day, and that’s factoring in Allen versus Dubnyk
:huh:

Reactions: WaltPoddubny

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Minnesota is still a very good team, especially if Parise can stay healthy and Suter returns 100%.

With Suter and the emergence of Dumba (along with Brodin and Spurgeon), their top 4 defense is very good and Dubnyk is still solid. If Staal can repeat anything even close to last season and Koivu doesn’t fall off a cliff then their C depth is above average. If their younger forwards/prospects like Greenway and Ericksson Ek can take a next step then they’ll be a dangerous team again. Playoffs aside, Boudreau is still a great regular season coach.

I’m going with 4...Both CO and TX have better top end offensive skill, but the wild are a much deeper team than Colorado and Dallas, with better defense and goaltending IMO. Over a full 82 game season, I give the wild the edge. Wouldn’t shock me if they ended up 3rd or 5th/6th tho.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
5th... could be as high as 3rd if everything falls into place for them, I think Nash and Winni may have a little fall off.. so they have a chance and if we do not play well...

EDITED: I'm a moron. I pulled a @Robb_K and thought I was reading a different thread. Minnesota will probably be 4th or 5th. I can't see Staal and Zucker repeating that success. They'll be good, but I could see the decline starting.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I just see Colorado falling again. MacKinnon went from good to one of the best.....and that team was nothing without him

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Minnesota is still a very good team, especially if Parise can stay healthy and Suter returns 100%.

With Suter and the emergence of Dumba (along with Brodin and Spurgeon), their top 4 defense is very good and Dubnyk is still solid. If Staal can repeat anything even close to last season and Koivu doesn’t fall off a cliff then their C depth is above average. If their younger forwards/prospects like Greenway and Ericksson Ek can take a next step then they’ll be a dangerous team again. Playoffs aside, Boudreau is still a great regular season coach.

I’m going with 4...Both CO and TX have better top end offensive skill, but the wild are a much deeper team than Colorado and Dallas, with better defense and goaltending IMO. Over a full 82 game season, I give the wild the edge. Wouldn’t shock me if they ended up 3rd or 5th/6th tho.

I think the chance of both those happening is under 10% and I think they are an average team unless both those things happen. That's why I don't think they'll make much noise in the NHL's best division.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I think the chance of both those happening is under 10% and I think they are an average team unless both those things happen. That's why I don't think they'll make much noise in the NHL's best division.
Given the history, it’s reasonable to doubt if Parise will stay healthy for an entire year. But Parise has already been medically cleared and I believe is 100% healthy currently. He looked really good towards the end of last season when he was healthy. Even if Parise only plays 70% of the season, as long as it’s at a high level, I’d still take Minnesota over CO and TX.

On the other hand, I have zero doubt Suter will return 100%. He just had a broken ankle, not like it was knee or ligament damage...plus the guy is just a horse.

Even if Parise somehow misses the entire year, as long as they have Suter and their young guys continue to improve, the wild are still an above average team IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad