Central

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I think the Blues have a better forward group than Nashville, but we are still a half-step behind Winnipeg with regards to top end talent. I think we might be deeper than both teams though, easy to see us being better able to weather a long regular season than either team.

Playoffs will be crazy again though, the divisional format might once again have the central knock the crap out of each other in the first and second rounds and allow a window for a pacific team to clean up in the conference finals and sneak into the cup.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I think Winnipeg, Nashville, and St. Louis are all clear steps ahead and I think they’re are more reasons to be optimistic about Colorado and Dallas than Minnesota.

I agree with you. After the two beasts, I think Colorado is the team that scares me next most in the Central. MacKinnon is already one of the best players in the league, and they have a pretty solid supporting cast loaded with young players with upside. If Grubauer can make the jump to a successful starter, watch out. The Wild do no scare me at all, especially their D group.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
5 or 6

depends on if the stars/avs both pass them

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Wild fan coming in peace Where do you see the Wild finishing in the division 1-7? Just need a number

I like Minnesota. The consensus seems to be that the Wild are getting old but I disagree. I think this team is still very good, I love their forwards, love the D, you got a great coach. Winnipeg showed MN a lot of respect in Gm 4 when they reeled it in and played a defensive style that night.

I say the Wild still gets 100 points this year but will finish 4th in what shapes up to be a 4 team race for 1st place in the Central this year.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I think the Blues have a better forward group than Nashville, but we are still a half-step behind Winnipeg with regards to top end talent. I think we might be deeper than both teams though, easy to see us being better able to weather a long regular season than either team.

Playoffs will be crazy again though, the divisional format might once again have the central knock the crap out of each other in the first and second rounds and allow a window for a pacific team to clean up in the conference finals and sneak into the cup.

I despise this playoff format. I honestly believe that the best spot to finish in the Central this year will be 5th. On paper, I'd rather go on the road through the Pacific than any path that involves playing the 1-4 teams in the Central. There is a very real possibility that the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NHL this year has to play two top 5 teams in the opening 2 rounds. That's absurd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->