Central Division Predictions

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
1 point separates the top 3 in the Central division, and 10 points separate the bottom 4. Total spread is 17 points from 1st to last. No real weak sisters...
4 points separate the top 3 in the Metro. 27 points between the bottom 5. 32 points total spread. The Metropolitan is the 2nd tightest division after the Central (and they're not that close).
14 points separate the top 3 in the Pacific. 15 points separate the bottom 5. 36 points total between 1st and last.
28 points separate the top 3 in Atlantic. 36 points between the bottom 5. 64 (!) points total spread. Wow.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
It's funny seeing people in August talking about how the Jets got worse at backup goalie, then it turns out that is the only area that they got better this year lol

Reactions: sipowicz

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
1. Preds - Bolstered their D even more, Tolvanen may provide extra scoring punch and Saros takes over between the pipes.

2. Jets - Need to stay healthy for this to happen. Lot of depth waiting in the wings beyond center ice. Helle needs to be sharp. Deepest division in the league and any falter in the standings could be very detrimental, this isn't the Atlantic division, won't be a cakewalk.

3. Avs - MacKinnon continues the one man show but Rantanen and Jost progress well. Makar makes team out of camp and Girard takes another step forwards. Will be dangerous on the PP.

4. Blues - Added O'Reilly and Bozak to bolster C depth, Fabbri healthy, added Perron and Maroon for more winger depth, Defence is still very good. Guys like Kryou and Kostin could surprise out of camp and add more depth. Gritty two-way team with depth and scoring punch. A lot rests on Allen's shoulder with how far they can go.

5. Stars - I see Benn, Seguin and Radulov having a big season. D is weak but Heiskanen could settle things a bit if he makes the team. May not put up a lot of points in first year but he plays a responsible game which is something they need on the backend. A lot of middling prospects who could make the team to bolster the depth but doesn't look great if not. Will likely be a team that goes hard at Karlsson as their window is closing. Will be dangerous if they get him.

6. Wild - Still a solid team but aging and their main prospects look to be a few years away. They alwasy seemd to find a way to finish in playoff spot but this year I don't see it. Dubnyk could hold them in it but if he falters they will drop.

7. Hawks - Such a wild card team. Still a lot of talent there and some young guns like DeBrincat and Schmaltz keeping them afloat. May not be enough this year. For some reason I see them trying to make a big splash at the deadline.

1. Preds - Got that one right. Thought Tolvanen would make the jump and Saros would take #1 spot. I was wrong.

2. Jets - Got that one right as well.

3. Avs - Thought they'd sign Makar. This prediction might have to hold out for next year.

4. Blues - Thought Allen would be the one to get them here. Had no idea Binnington would even be a factor.

5. Stars - Thought they'd have EK. May still get him this summer.

6. Wild - Called them not making it, could enter a rebuild soon.

7. Hawks - Didn't see them adding Strome over Schmaltz. Definitely helped with their depth scoring.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Preds - would have beaten us in the playoffs if we didn't have Stastny, which we don't now
Blues - got better this off season
Jets - got worse this off season
Avs - from the Avs down it's pretty much a WAG
Stars
Hawks
Minny - I don't really think they will finish last. But I hate them so I put them here hoping​

I had Jets and Blues reversed, although we both finished with 99 points.

And I had the Stars and the Avs reversed.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I hate making predictions but, what the hell...

Perds (should have won the Cup last year, will win it this year)
Avs (tons of talent, will continue to rise)
Stars (they can't suck forever, can they?)
Hawks (top tier organization but Crawford has to return for this to happen)
Jets (sorry, I also think they've regressed, Cup Nazi says, no playoffs for you)
Blues (what did you think would happen when you picked that name? Seriously?)
Wild (flip that W, these are the Mild. Even with Hendricks. Still happy with those Parise and Suter signings?)

Well, now I see where I went wrong. I had my crystal ball set for the 2019-20 season. :facepalm:
:booboo:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Plenty of time for you to now tune up the Tank Thread :laugh:

It's all gassed up and ready to go. Trouble is the mods won't let me play with my toy... :cry:

giphy.gif

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad