Central Division Predictions

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think most of the offseason moves have been made, though I think Dallas or Chicago could take a shot at Pacioretty. Nash I think could end up with the Hawks too. Or Enstrom. Otherwise it's just tweaks.

Predictions?

I would go with

1. St. Louis
2. Nashville
3. Winnipeg
4. Colorado
5. Minnesota (WC)
6. Chicago
7. Dallas

Dallas has the talent to be in the top 3. Just something about playing in Dallas under the radar that makes hockey a little harder. Hawks could rebound too, with some health. Going to be a battle again,

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I can’t see St Louis beating out the Preds. Or actually I do, the entire division is going to be a dice roll. Except Chicago will be last, that’s my only prediction.

Ah frick it:
Nashville
St Louis
Winnipeg
Colorado
Dallas
Minnesota
Chicago

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Preds
Jets
Avs
Blues
Wild
Stars
Hawks

edit ... Blues make the cut but Wild don't.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Preds

Wild

Stars

Blues

Avs

Jets (Chevy spent the offseason at the cottage again, Jets didn't improve and may actually have gotten weaker)

Hawks

Reactions: DRC and Laine Fan

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Preds

Wild

Stars

Blues

Avs

Jets (Chevy spent the offseason at the cottage again, Jets didn't improve and may actually have gotten weaker)

Hawks

? And is a team supposed to add a new player every year to be considered better?
Jets young players are a year older. That should make them better

You have wild who are an older team and didnt improve anywhere from last year, but you have them 2nd...

Jets placed 2nd
lost armia and enstrom...

Maybe the jets don't do as well, but not because of your reasoning

Last edited:

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Mine:

Jets
Preds
Blues (Don't trust their goaltending)
Avs
Stars
Wild
Hawks

Exactly as I have it. I think the Blues will have good Allen till mid season and the bad Allen for awhile and they will have to go on a run to get 3rd.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Preds

Wild

Stars

Blues

Avs

Hawks
And what money was he suppose to add players? All I really want him to do at this point is find a way to squeeze a long term Morrissey deal under the cap with enough room to pay off all the performance bonuses to our young stars.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Preds

Wild

Stars

Blues

Avs

Hawks

:laugh:

4a4be4bcb25d4564bf24b3d7949aa00b.jpg

The Jets will be competing for first in the division.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Preds

Wild

Stars

Blues

Avs

Hawks

Jets definitely got weaker but I doubt they’ll fall to second last. HOWEVER it’s such an even division that it’s not outside the realm of possibility. I just hope you guessed wrong :D

Reactions: sipowicz

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Tbh I’ll be glad if we just make the playoffs. After that all bets are off. Next season (and the season after it) are going to be a transition period anyway.

Then again I’d be devastated if we didn’t win as much as last year, it was a great feeling winning most of the games and being so confident in us getting a W. But I’m not counting on that to continue, it was almost unsustainable. But one again I’d LOVE to be wrong :D

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
We lost Stastny (#2C). We lost Mason (#2G). We don’t have a backup goalie at all, that worries me. We are one injury or bad season from Helle away from not making it.

Several other teams got stronger. The delta can be very large.
This pales along side the internal growth of a young talented team. The Jets age 20- 25 group is the type of young core that wins multiple championships. Scheifele, Ehlers, Laine, Connor, Rosie, Lowry, Trouba, Morrissey & Helly have all yet to reach peak prime. Laine is maybe 1/2 the player he will eventually become. The key will be keeping this young core together not if we hold onto a TD buy or an over priced backup. Those are the pieces that are expendable to hold onto your young core.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
How did the Jets get weaker?
back up goalie. pray for no injury or it could be over as soon as oct. and I wont get into the 2 press box guys who will given spots this year like they were 2 years ago. this is an injury prone team and having them possibly play as many games as 2 years ago might lead to the same results as 2 years ago. chevy actually corrected this last season and now has decided to go back to what didn't work 2 years ago.

Reactions: Tommigun

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
This pales along side the internal growth of a young talented team. The Jets age 20- 25 group is the type of young core that wins multiple championships. Scheifele, Ehlers, Laine, Connor, Rosie, Lowry, Trouba, Morrissey & Helly have all yet to reach peak prime. Laine is maybe 1/2 the player he will eventually become. The key will be keeping this young core together not if we hold onto a TD buy or an over priced backup. Those are the pieces that are expendable to hold onto your young core.

Couldn’t agree more, we’ll be a force to reckon with for a foreseeable future. However, next year can be tough.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
back up goalie. pray for no injury or it could be over as soon as oct. and I wont get into the 2 press box guys who will given spots this year like they were 2 years ago. this is an injury prone team and having them possibly play as many games as 2 years ago might lead to the same results as 2 years ago. chevy actually corrected this last season and now has decided to go back to what didn't work 2 years ago.
With Helly breaking out like he did you can't have a $4.1 M backup. Just doesn't make cap sense to pour that kind of money into a backup. Which team out there has a $6 M + starter that is willing to pay $4 M + on a backup?

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
With Helly breaking out like he did you can't have a $4.1 M backup. Just doesn't make cap sense to pour that kind of money into a backup. Which team out there has a $6 M + starter that is willing to pay $4 M + on a backup?

He, nor I, are arguing that we should have kept Mason at his cap hit. But you asked how we got weaker, and there’s your answer - we don’t really have a goalie backup atm. It’s risky business.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Couldn’t agree more, we’ll be a force to reckon with for a foreseeable future. However, next year can be tough.
I liked Stastny and was happy we signed Mason last season, but those are luxuries we can no longer afford. Trouba is a fly in the ointment, but IMO it is getting the young core under contract and watch them keep pushing forward. We still have a couple gems in Niku and Vaselainen to add still keep costs down.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He, nor I, are arguing that we should have kept Mason at his cap hit. But you asked how we got weaker, and there’s your answer - we don’t really have s goalie backup atm. It’s risky business.
If Helly's buddy doesn't work out there will be several proven backups available as camps break. This will require a bit of cap juggling, but should be doable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad