Cena vs Reings

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Talk to me in 6 months when we see how his character progresses.

The only thing that's changed about Reigns' character in the last 6 months is his new line about being "the guy". Plus, why would WWE change anything about Reigns when they keep blaming "smarks" for not liking him?

I'm not saying the guy doesn't have talent, it's just not top level talent and I'd wager that's a huge part of why most feel he's been forced into the position he's in. I'd feel a whole lot differently about the guy if he was in the mid-card rather than being the World Champion.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The only thing that's changed about Reigns' character in the last 6 months is his new line about being "the guy". Plus, why would WWE change anything about Reigns when they keep blaming "smarks" for not liking him?

I'm not saying the guy doesn't have talent, it's just not top level talent and I'd wager that's a huge part of why most feel he's been forced into the position he's in. I'd feel a whole lot differently about the guy if he was in the mid-card rather than being the World Champion.

This is where I'm at. I think he has some potential, but I don't think he's a main event talent right now.

S A W F T*

Reigns needs to be a mega heel that never talks with a manager or in a stable. Period.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
He should also focus on a move that isn't a superman punch, and his cardio. The guy is winded 5 minutes into a match.

S A W F T*

He should also focus on a move that isn't a superman punch, and his cardio. The guy is winded 5 minutes into a match.

Maybe there's another reason he wears a flak jacket other than to look cool? :sarcasm:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The ratings have been steady.

Steadily in the crapper. At some point, you have to face the fact that Reigns isn't a draw. Sure, he has some talent but he doesn't have the necessary charisma to succeed at the top. Styles wasn't the first great performer to lead Reigns by the nose to a good match. Daniel Bryan did it too. Reigns has been at the top for over a year and a half. He's not getting the job done and he's not ever going to because he's already been rejected by the viewing audience.

You're flat out lying that you're hearing louder crowd reactions for him. lol

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I like Roman Reigns, that's about it. Not looking for an argument.

You can like Roman. It's you coming and saying the fans were cheering for Roman and chanting for him on Sunday. That's a flat out lie. Naturally, people will call you out on that.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I can see some potential in RR and I can understand why some might like him. I do remember that when the Shield was debuting, I saw some Batista like potential in Reigns. He definitely has something about his look that makes him 'cool' or gives him a bit of the 'it' factor that Vince goes crazy for. I remember going to RAW in MTL two summers aog and the place loved RR. Unfortunately for him, he has a lot of polishing to do both in the ring and on the mic. You can get away with being below average with one, but you won't if you suck at both. I see some potential in Reigns but I think they've tried forcefeeding him so much to the fans that it'll be hard to rebuild/repackage him in the future. Creative and bookers have made it way too obvious that they're molding him to be Cena 2.0. His matches are the same thing we've seen countless times with Cena. As people pointed out, Cena has much more charisma than Reigns and I'd argue that he's two times the wrestler that Reigns is. It'll be interesting to see Reigns' status in two years. Some guys don't have it like Luger and some bounce back and go through the adversity to turn around their career like The Rock did.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I think everybody saw potential in Roman and up until recently I still believed he had legit top of the card talent but it was just raw and untapped. Now though? It's been 2+ years of failure. I don't think he has it anymore and sadly (for Roman) it might be because WWE pushed him too hard too fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad